Sign in to follow this  
banditt2129

vinyl drifting

I figured it out on my first cutter, but forgot what I did to correct it. But when cutting longer items, the vinyl will ride towards the left if I'm facing the front of the cutter. Any ideas on how to correct this? I line up the vinyl so its even, but it will end up moving over 1/4 to 1/2 a inch over a 48" cut.

My fix was to buy a Graphtec years ago.

You don't show what cutter you have.  If you have a forward button after putting the vinyl in you can run it ahead for the amount of vinyl you think you will use and if its straight then run it back if not adjust it as it moves along.  Hope this helps...

• Like 3

Each of the pressure rollers has a knurled brass nut which can be turned to adjust the amount of tension. That feature allows you to compensate for the problem you are describing.

• Like 1

the mh cutters have the knurl nuts to adjust the pressure - most others do not - and most of the time the vinyl wasn't loaded straight and people adjust them adding more problems.  knowing what cutter you have helps in diagnosis also.  the procedure that mr300s described is right on.