Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Roland PC 60 Anyone has experience with it?

Ok Im just doing a favor to a friend. He is about to buy a 24" Roland PC 60. The price is $4,000 and he seems to be about to buy it. THe thing is that, for what he told me, that it uses toner inks. He is wondering if i is a good printer/cutter (yeah cuz it does both. Are those inks durable? Has any of you experience with one of those?

Thank you

JOe

I just sold one. I wouldn't suggest buying one. Save his money for much newer technology. The print heads go out all the time and cost way too much to run, mine was around $8 sq ft. I paid $2000 for a pc-60 2 years ago with a brand new print head. If he is set on it he should be able to find a better price $4000. They use ribbons. The inks seem to weather fine but have always seen a little banding in most prints unless they are clearcoated.

Ok Im just doing a favor to a friend. He is about to buy a 24" Roland PC 60. The price is $4,000 and he seems to be about to buy it. THe thing is that, for what he told me, that it uses toner inks. He is wondering if i is a good printer/cutter (yeah cuz it does both. Are those inks durable? Has any of you experience with one of those?

Thank you

JOe

A Roland PC-60 is a good machine, bit older technology as far as digital printing but still good machine. I'd have your friend do some more searching as PC60s can be had for as little as $1500 these days. They use a resin pigment ink on ribbon cartridges, similar to the old daisy wheel printers of years gone by. The ainti-PC60 guys will say it's just a boat anchor and costs too much to operate - however, you need to stay on top of maint - clean the leading edge of the printhead after each run, keep in fairly dust-free area, clean the vinyl before printing ... dust is the enemy to the printhead. Also, even with all the new technology, the PC60/600 is only one that will print in metallic silver and metallic gold (if you have the cartridges installed)

Actually, I've been considering selling my PC60 and searching for a PC600 (same machine with a couple upgraded features like ribbon saver) - either way a PC60 or PC600 can be found for HALF what he's about to pay - tell him to look around a bit more first, or if he's going to pop $4000, just add a couple more $K and get a used (not abused) Roland SP300v 30" printer/cutter

Thank you guys!

I just told my friend what you told me. He still wants one, but now he is looking to get it cheaper.

He has a few plotters in his house and they are only collecting dust. I dont know why he wants more.

Joe

Thank you guys!

I just told my friend what you told me. He still wants one, but now he is looking to get it cheaper.

He has a few plotters in his house and they are only collecting dust. I dont know why he wants more.

Joe

Joe - mine's now up for sale - PC60 with power cord, parellel cable, driver disks, stand, 6 cartridges in the machine and 4 new Roland CMYK carts - $1800 plus shipping(prolly $150-$200 due to weight and size)

Works good, lil bit of banding but thats just the nature of a thermal printer with ribbon inks.  Got deal in works to step up to VP540 so the pc-60 needs to move out

Will probably find itself on ebay by 4/12 or possibly sooner

Aardy

I will let my friend know that. How can he  contact you?

Sales@54-Design.com  or

419-494-3929 (M-F 9am to 7pm, Sat. 10a - 3pm)