I have this truck to do. All the vinyl is calendar except the AWL sons. That is going to be White Reflective. I am curious what others would charge installed.

Thanks

Brad

post-36980-0-21533800-1389788884_thumb.j

post-36980-0-40145600-1389788970_thumb.j

I forgot to add for the reflective but if you figure everything w/o design time included since I don't know if design was customer supplied or not this is a quick job and because of the calendered vinyl it has very little material cost involved. I know some will get a lot more than me but unfortunately there are many around here who would do it for a lot less also. Very tops I could get around here would be around $200 on a good day and believe me there are people in my area who would do this for $100 and brag that they were making great money. Around here they have drove prices into the ground with all the people working out of the flea markets and backs of their cars.

• Like 1

Some I wonder why we bother. I just turned down $15 an hour off the books and the more I think about it the better it sounds. Maybe we'll get lucky and when the rest of the lowballers bankrupt themselves we'll still be here and able to bring this industry back up to a livable wage.

ummm yeh that is how it works LOL   the great thing is when they discover there is actually work involved and what they make they move on eventually - leaving a path of destruction in their wake.    glad the Chinese haven't figured out how to do quick turn around yet!  wait till they buy fed ex or dhl!

• Like 1

$300 to $400 installed would be where I would start, easier to get beat down if need be then it is to want more after agreeing to do it for cheap.

Funny thing is that it's slowly turning around here because a few years ago I could of found somebody all day long to do that job for under $100 and most of them have sold themselves out of business and now we're working our way through the next level of lowballers. Established shops that were around before the chinese cutter craze that survived seem to be able to hold their prices higher and I think a lot of that is quality of work and customer loyalty. Me on the other hand seem to be swarmed with competition from bottom feeders who'll work for their next roll of vinyl or gas money.

• Like 1

Appreciate the input. This time I was actually close on the number and over. But that's because I am figuring high on labor.

I'm with Bay on this. People under cut them selves all the time. You need the cost of vinyl TIME TO CUT ,WEED and MASK then travel and install...plus set up the design and just talking about the job alone is time you need to be paid for.