JesusFreak

sizing issues

I am having trouble when I import eps files into Signblazer.  The toolbar at the bottom indicates the size that I want.  When I go to print it sometimes changes the size of my image.  Other times all appears correct till I print (I am cutting a print) and the image is smaller than my original dimensions.  It usually though makes my image drastically smaller when I select print and go to the print screen.  Somebody please help.  This is no good to me if my images are the size of business cards.  Here is the file if you want to check it out.

Jon

goofy lizard.eps

goofy lizard.eps

I've had the issues before as well, to compensate for that I go more with the measurement on the top and left side bar, than the size on the bottom.  If you need to change it from metric to standard or vice versa click on the top left corner of the measuring bars and that will flip from one to the other.

Hope this helps.

Jenny

The measurements at the bottom appear to be the same size.  This most recent time importing when I went to the print screen, the 4 inch wide image was about the size of a quarter compared to the paper size.  This is really frustrating and I can't get ahold of anyone at USCutter.

There has to be more precise ways to size your document or what good would these programs be to the sign and t-shirt industries

I just opened your image in Illustrator and then in signblazer and they are both the same size. I even did a test cut, seems about the right size. nJust out of curiosity do you have your vinyl width settings right in the cutter set up?

I am printing them onto transfer paper then contour cutting.  Where do I find these settings.  I know that they are importanting correctly according to the dimensions in the toolbar but when I print to my c88 they are smaller.  A few times they even shrunk after I hit file, print to go to the print setup.

Jon

oohhhhhh.... I was wondering why you kept saying print instead of cut. Let me give it a try on my epson r1800 and see what happens.

well... i printed it on my r1800 and it came out fine. My only guess is that somewhere a setting is wrong. Do you have the right size workspace set up for your c88? Are you using 8.5x11?

Check your Cutting Size Correction settings in SignBlazer. Go to Cutter, then Setup and click on Cutting Size Correction.....each value should be set to 3.94.

those settings are correct

I am not certain then. Maybe Bruce has an idea.

Has Bruce seen this post yet?  I am still having these issues and its very cumbersome to have to guess what size my images will print at.

Jon

I could be way off of this... but it almost sounds like it's set in metric?!?!  ;)

I have it in inches... I'm almost certain.  I will double check.  The size is correct in proportion to the work space however when I click to print and go to the print page the size in relation to the page decreases quite a bit so I think if it was in metric it would stay metric and remain the same size.  When I import a file from CorelDraw that is say 8 inches in width it imports into Signblazer with 8 inches in the bottom toolbar.  At this point all is well.  Then I click print and when the print screen comes up its obvious it isn't correct because I am printing on 8.5x11 paper and will appear to be less than 6 and evn prints this way.  Hopefully this isn't too confusing but I can't get any help on this.  I sent an email on ColorChrome as well and haven't gotten a response.

Jon