gcextreme

Tracing Your Photos of Copyrighted stuff

At least it had a roll bar. We'd wheelie that Honda all over the neighbors field and when it went over you just tried to jump clear. I clearly remember riding through a new trail at fast as that little 110 would go and getting the back wheels wedged between 2 trees and it was amazing how fast it stopped and  I didn't. The only difference between me and Superman was the cape and the fact that I'm not bulletproof. Some days I am amazed that I survived into my teens let alone adulthood. 

• Like 1

Lol no problem.

But from the last 2 trace pics...if u only saw that..would it be clearly identifiable as a Ranger?? No matter what it was traced from??

In no way does this resemble a stock ranger...custom lifted and solid axle suspnesion mod, custom front bumper and bigass offroad tires...

ChrisDewald_sample_zps6124d546.jpg

If you didn't know you would be hard pressed to tell. I thought that was a solid axle conversion but then I tough maybe it's just the shadows. Tell your buddy he's got a nice truck there.

if making a drawing of a vehicle infringed a copyright then taking the photo would to, however such functional objects are not directly protected by copyright, or else it would be illegal to take or make a picture  of anything manmade, which would include the clothes most people wear in most photos (and drawings), among other things....

• Like 2

if making a drawing of a vehicle infringed a copyright then taking the photo would to, however such functional objects are not directly protected by copyright, or else it would be illegal to take or make a picture  of anything manmade, which would include the clothes most people wear in most photos (and drawings), among other things....

Sometimes they do have to blurr out the name logos in tv shows etc.

If you didn't know you would be hard pressed to tell. I thought that was a solid axle conversion but then I tough maybe it's just the shadows. Tell your buddy he's got a nice truck there.

Yeah its a solid axle conversion...he has over $10k invested into his truck..not incuding the V8 swap from an explorer.

Never done the v8 in a 4wd but I have done 2 in 2wd's and they were a blast to drive. Done a solid axle in an 87 f150 myself so I have a ton of respect for what goes into building a truck like that.

I would run with it - 

So would I. It's modified enough that it's not totally obvious and I seriously doubt you are going to sell 10K of those things so the likelihood of there being a problem is next to nothing. 

Bah youre good. There's no logos or anythig. It's just a truck in the picture. I wouldnt worry about it.

• Like 1

Sometimes they do have to blurr out the name logos in tv shows etc. 

yes, however, logos are trademarks (a commercial symbol), which is very different from copyright (creative expression), 

generally non-news tv shows (any publications really) do have to be careful not to incorporate or focus on protected intellectual properties without permission, including art on the wall, etc

one time the tv show person of interest zoomed in on a picture in a bar of a biker girl that I drew in a way that sort of used the picture to characterize the bar and the scene (as a biker bar) which was pretty risky on their part

Your questions would be best answered by a lawyer who specializes in copyright and trademark laws. Everything we tell you is pure speculation, at best.

And, a lot of those lawyers, are going off pure speculation, too. It's their opinion, till the judge tells them otherwise. Guess who pays?

• Like 1

This pic is old, I know as of this fall he still had the 4.0 V6 in this truck, when did he put in the V8? I know he was talking about and had most the parts, but had yet to fab up mounts and all that jaz.

yes, however, logos are trademarks (a commercial symbol), which is very different from copyright (creative expression), 

generally non-news tv shows (any publications really) do have to be careful not to incorporate or focus on protected intellectual properties without permission, including art on the wall, etc

one time the tv show person of interest zoomed in on a picture in a bar of a biker girl that I drew in a way that sort of used the picture to characterize the bar and the scene (as a biker bar) which was pretty risky on their part

I thought they blurred out the logo's because they weren't getting paid to advertise the product.

• Like 3

I thought they blurred out the logo's because they weren't getting paid to advertise the product.

You are right. Product placement is big business these days.

I think tt's a combination of both. Product pacement is great, but at the same time fi the moron on the reality show says or does something to offend anyone the company doesn't want to be associated with it. Fictional shows get paid for some product placement, but they also have to get permision for other things, the show Sulivan and Son for example, is set in a sports bar in Pittsburg but they don't have any NFL or other major sport teams stuff on the walls because they couldn't get permision to use them.

• Like 1

I think tt's a combination of both. Product pacement is great, but at the same time fi the moron on the reality show says or does something to offend anyone the company doesn't want to be associated with it. Fictional shows get paid for some product placement, but they also have to get permision for other things, the show Sulivan and Son for example, is set in a sports bar in Pittsburg but they don't have any NFL or other major sport teams stuff on the walls because they couldn't get permision to use them.

Ed Hardy blames John Gosslin of ruining his business because John wore his shirts on the John & Kate +8 show.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/18/ed-hardy-jon-gosselin_n_3458685.html

I'm still a little lost on the whole product placement thing  cleancutlogom.png

When you see the main charecters driving a corvette, drinking a bud, smoking a marlboro, the production company is paid to use those products. And the static products, that are just being seen.

I'm still a little lost on the whole product placement thing  cleancutlogom.png

I'll take my pay if free blades :)

Ive made decals like that. Just keep logos and names out of the picture.

Ebay told me over the phone that even the name of cars is ok as long as its not using the whole name.

like Titan is ok, but Nissan Titan is not.