I have read a few post where their cutter is not completing cuts.  I am having the same problem with no luck.  This makes the vinyl almost impossible to weed.  I am using a desktop and com1.  I have readjusted the blade and played around with the offset with no luck.  The cut seems to curve away from where it started so it never completes.  Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.  PCUT CTN630

Thanks in advance.

I am dealing with the exact same problem and am getting very frustrated trying to figure it out.  I am currently waiting on someone from US Cutter to respond to my post in the "PCut Support Request Forum"  and/or respond to my online trouble ticket.  I am approaching my 30 days, and at this point intend to send it back, because I am definitely not 100% satisfied with its performance.  Good luck.

Chuck

hey guys, when you cut your decals, in options my settings are

weed value 0.3

Curve resolution 3

Panel overlap 0

KNIFE OFFSET 1

This knife offset should close your cuts better

Hope that helps ;D

I have the same cutter, the PCut 630.

I have tested the offset from 0 to .70 with the best results occurring at .47 to get the corners sharp.  Anything above or below that either makes the corners rounded or overshoot.  The recommended offset is .25, but that makes my corners rounded.  Regardless, all of the offset settings I tried had no effect on the closing of the completed cut.

I am leaning towards a problem with the blade holder.  When I put the pen in place of the blade, the cuts close perfectly and the offset, when set at .47, is not correct.  When I set the offeste to the recommended .25, the pen makes perfect corners and still closes the cut.  This indicates to me that there is something wrong with the blade holder, but I don't know that for sure.  Ken mentioned sending me a new blade holder, but I haven't heard back from him.  There seems to be about a 3-4 day delay in answering emails.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Any others?

Chuck

Yes it is.

I have also tried it on several different places along the cutter.

I also checked the rollers to ensure there was no play, and I checked the roller drive belt to insure it was not slipping or too tight.

All of these things seem to be in order.

Keep'm coming.  I appreciate the suggestions.

Chuck

Here ya go.

It does happens on every file, but is much more pronounced when cutting letters and when the cut starts and ends at the corner of a letter.  I have tried it on drawn files as well as fonts.  I have checked the nodes at the corners to make sure they match up, and they do.  I don't know how the computer decides where to start the cut, but when it is started on a straight line, it matches up better, but still kicks out one way or another just a bit.  When it starts on a 90 degree corner, it is very pronounced, like the drawing I did above.  In the file attached, the P in Porsche always comes out like my drawing above.  It also happens when I type in a P using all of the fonts I've tried, like Arial or Arial Black, but depending on the orientation of my P, the computer starts the cut at a different place.  The P in this Porsche file always starts the cut in the upper left corner.

I do not have any other cutting software, but I have cut files that were created in both AI and Signblazer.  Both had the same results.

Unfortunately, I do not have another computer to try it on.

What do you think it means that the file comes out perfectly when using the pen, but not the blade? 

Edit:  This forum will not let me attach a .plt file, so I emailed it to your sales@tykite.com address.  I hope that is ok.

Thanks,

Chuck

Thanks anyway.  I really appreciate the effort you put into it.  I hope a new blade holder will make a difference.  We'll see.

Thanks,

Chuck

Thanks anyway.  I really appreciate the effort you put into it.  I hope a new blade holder will make a difference.  We'll see.

Thanks,

Chuck

I would change the cutter selection to the Creation PCut CTE630 HPGL, and try again.

I tried the PCut CTE630 HPGL setting.  The cuts look exactly the same.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck

I tried the PCut CTE630 HPGL setting.  The cuts look exactly the same.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck

the only other thing I could think of would be hardware related. If you feel comfortable opening the unit, you can remove the right side case and make sure there is no play in the feed roller belt or motor sprocket, and you may want to make sure the feed rollers are tight as well.

bumping an old thread as its the same issue i am having.

i have tried all the normal adjustments and nothing seems to fix it.

the end cut does not finish, it always rounds off. see pic.

IMG_6561.JPG

and when i mess with the offset, you can see here that its not whats causing the issue. that one start stop point always seems to have a issue.

IMG_6563.JPG

any ideas?

Hey there just looking through the forums and saw this post I do not have this particular cutter, BUT check and see if the cutter

head is loose.... watch it as it cuts to see if it wanders up and down side to side etc. esp on the corner cuts.

When you have done this try to move the cutter head with your fingers, it should have very little movement.

If it does move around generously check to see if it has a set screw, or small bolt to allow adjustment of the head.

I could not get my cutter to cut a good corner no matter the soft setting, after i discovered this adjustment and reset the head

i can cut any corner clean even on the smallest font. I know they have to have some movement but not that much.

I hope this helps.

Scott

Guest JogaShop

Can somebody elaborate a lil bit more and how to adjust the head to cut clean corners and also how do you tighten the rollers, thanks so much needless to say im haveing the same problems as squelch and paranoid

"Can somebody elaborate a lil bit more and how to adjust the head to cut clean corners and also how do you tighten the rollers, thanks so much needless to say im haveing the same problems as squelch and paranoid"

Anybody?

I have a US cutter laser point and some what have the same problem, its not that bad but it does make weeding a bitch.I'm gonna review this thread and take some tips and change my settings to see if it helps. Where would I find the cutter settings ? I'm using flexisign

This is the reason I migrated to the copam and finally to the graphtec - much cleaner cuts

Its not an offset problem.

Like everybody else with this problem I've tried every offset between 0 and 0.9 with no real improvement.

It seems as if the blade just skews away from where its meant to go. (Is there an overcut setting in Sign Blazer?)

I'd like to open up my cutter and see if tightening anything up will help- but I need to know exactly which part I should open up and what I should try tightening.

bumping an old thread as its the same issue i am having.

i have tried all the normal adjustments and nothing seems to fix it.

the end cut does not finish, it always rounds off. see pic.

IMG_6561.JPG

and when i mess with the offset, you can see here that its not whats causing the issue. that one start stop point always seems to have a issue.

IMG_6563.JPG

any ideas?

This picture is defiantly an offset problem. . .but obviously you need the help of the professionals.  Please put in a support ticket with usc

With all due respect it doesn't seem like the professionals know jack.

That said, I'm in the UK and didn't buy my cutter from yourselves even if I did think a support ticket would help.