stanger

jagged edges

When I create a text file using sure cuts alot and make the cut it comes out fine. When I import an image and cut it comes out horrible. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Import an image from where?   Have you zoomed the imported image up and look at it to make sure it looks good before you cut it?  Post one of the files that you are having trouble with...   Possibly post some pictures of your horrible cuts.  What cutter? 

Thanks for the reply. I have the SC 34"

I used the Sure Cuts program for just plain text with good results. I then imported a .jpg using the Trace Image but didn't zoom in to see the edges. With the naked eye they looked pretty good but the results were just bad.

When you trace a jpeg,  You may have to do node editing to get the vector image to look good before you cut it.  You have to zoom the vector up real big and look at it, before you cut it. 

When you trace a jpeg,  You may have to do node editing to get the vector image to look good before you cut it.  You have to zoom the vector up real big and look at it, before you cut it. 

great advice and if you are going to print it (have it printed) zoom in on it and examine it first - garbage in - garbage out

• Like 2

Is there a better software to use for the Mac. Thank you very much for the help. I still have lots to learn :)

Your welcome.  I don't use a Mac.     so I don't know what is for a Mac. 

Is the sure cuts able to handle most things?

I don't use Sure Cuts A Lot. either...I use Flexistarter8.6 as my cutting software  and Flexidesigner10  software.  as my edit and design software.   I also have Illustrator CS2. 

Some people use inkscape.org,  which is FREE software and many tutorials out there on it.  Youtube and other places.

sure cuts a lot if nothing else verctorizes quite well - but the image has to be of sufficient quality to produce a good trace (and in my instances be properly prepared to trace).  learning the process of vectorizing is important in understanding what is going on. You are taking an image made up of pixels (little dots) and changing it into a format that is made with mathmatical system of nodes and arcs.      it isn't like converting a jpg to a bmt

• Like 1

without the actual  vector file to look at in our cutting software,  hard to tell.   I make it huge and look at it.   Look how all the nodes in areas are bunched together,  You can not tell what it really looks like. if the lines are straight like they should be. or curved like they should be.    How does this file cut for you?

I am seeing more of a set up error than anything in that pic - way too much blade exposure as I can see you cut thru the backing paper and it tends to pull up the vinyl when you have too much blade.  I am also guessing from that pic you may have multiple cuts in the same areas - like lines over lines in your vector

• Like 1

yes for some reason it tried to cut it twice, but the first time it was messing up as well. I had just printed out 12 decals that I did with text only on Sure Cuts that looked great and didn't cut through

MzSkeeter says,"Possibly post some pictures of your horrible cuts."... ..... CHECK!

Kidding aside, something is definately out of whack.

• Like 1

So those were created within the program and the ones that are giving you issues are imported?

is there a size difference between what you did in red and what is in white also . . .. ps looks like you forgot to weld the script before you cut - I think i see the cuts between letters

Is your blade at the correct depth? If you're not sure, follow MzSkeeters directions for setting it correctly.

Really does look like a blade depth/ pressure problem.

• Like 1

Sent you another file PM to try. Have you tried other graphic files other than the one posted with the same result?