TT57

fun projects.

f0ound a soap dish under my cabinet and turned it into a jewelry holder. I don't need one but it is cute. Also some scarves I am monogramming and selling. Big seller at Christmas.

post-36131-0-14073200-1389605986_thumb.j

post-36131-0-81055800-1389606120_thumb.j

• Like 3

very nice.. is that htv on those scarfs or embroidered

HTV.

Vine Monogram. It comes from fontbros. Only ever bought 2 fonts and that is one.

So I finally tried my hand at making a duct tape purse.  I used cherry red and turquoise duct tape.  It took a lot longer to make than I anticipated; about 3 hours.  The purse measurements are 9 inches length by 6 1/2 inches tall by 4 inches width.  I will make a larger purse next time.  This one is a bit on the small side for me.

I made a 40 inch long strap and an interior cell phone pocket and a strap to attach keys.  I used a magnetic snap for the closure and glued a plastic star button on the front of the snap for decoration.

I really like how it turned out.  I must say I am hooked.  I want to make more duct tape accessories.

post-84697-0-69016800-1391236808_thumb.j

Love the Scarfs.. Where is a good place to order the  HTV :huh:  Does it stick and stay on any type of fabric well ??  Thanks for sharing  Judy

Hey everyone, it's been a while since i have been able to play. thanks for the compliments. Yes, Joker has it right, Siser Easy Weed from USCutter. It has such a soft feel on the scarves and on anything i put it on. Joker, love the tote. tginder81, cool bag. I have seen pics of duct tape projects but thats all i need is another medium to work with. Motoxchic, did u go get that font?

Theresa what is the tginder81 in your post?.. I have sole a couple of those tote bags with that design on it.

Nice work Theresat. Are the scarfs decorative or do they get used and washed? Wondering how the fine line of the font will hold up, if good then I might have to do some thinner lined detail on some projects.

I'm impressed with the scarfs. I would like to see them up close to see how the vinyl interacts with the scarf material. from the picture it looks like embroidered, good job. I heat pressed a golf towel for a friend once and I didnt like how it turned out, the towel was too thick for my liking for heat transfer. And I use Siser Easyweed only! I have tried several different brands, and that stuff is amazing, works on everything that I sell. 

• Like 1

you know, I should really come back and check my posts more often to answer questions.  Joker, I spelled the name wrong from an above post.- sorry .  EL = I wash and wear mine . Has held up fine.     K5 = the vinyl didn't give a "pulled" look, if that what you were wondering. People have been impressed with the look and the "soft feel". Bought my scarves at Walmart.   Thanks for the compliments.  Wesdog = yes it is a purchased font. Vine Monogram from Fontbros.

• Like 2