Go-C Graphics

Easyweed is a liar! There's nothing easy! HELP

So I finally got around to making my first shirt.

I'm using siser easy weed and I MUST be doing something wrong. It cuts like complete crap. I had been cutting perfectly right before switching to the easyweed. I'm using a cleancut 60* blade.

I reset the blade depth and started.

It wouldn't cut completely and the blade kept skipping.

The blade acted like it wouldn't spin. I switched back to regular vinyl and it cut perfectly again with no problem.

The easyweed was a complete nightmare to weed.

Over all it was a horrible experience.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips and tricks for cutting this HTV?

I can't do another shirt if I have to hand cut everything like I had to do last night.

Help!

Man I do not know what to tell you cause i cut that shit like butter. and it weeds so damn good i would rather use that more than regular vinyl

• Like 1

first thing are you cutting on the shinny side? if so turn it over... should be cutting on the dull side

MM64 B)

• Like 1

Forgot to mention that. make sure you mirror also. What is your pressure set at.

Yea I'm cutting the correct side.

I'm going to try my reflective blade and holder and give it another shot.

I know it should be just as easy but I don't have any idea what I'm doing wrong.

GO-C i set my pressure to 24 on my SC cutter. I use a uscutter 60 degree blade and it do not have any trouble at all.

I had that same skipping issue on a Copam when cutting certain colors in cast (esp. long straight runs). It would make perforated lines instead of a continuous, smooth cut. I tried everything; pressure, depth, oiling blade, new 60 deg blades, old 60 deg blades. Finally, i put a 45 degree blade in and it was fine. Not sure if that was the correct fix or what the actual fix is but it worked. Worth a shot if you have one laying around.

Check your blade depth. Siser is only a couple mil thick but the carrier is super tough and it won't hurt it to have the blade a little longer, it won't cause problems. HTV isn't as touchy about blade depth as regular vinyl.

I have never used 60° blade on anything except reflective and rhinestone media, I use 45°. Like they said though, get on the pressure/depth because the backing is more forgiving than typical vinyl backings.

• Like 3

I use the same blade and setting as my regular vinyl - never change a thing for htv including easyweed

• Like 7

first thing are you cutting on the shinny side? if so turn it over... should be cutting on the dull side

MM64 B)

I had the same question, easy mistake to make but yep mine also cuts like butter.

I have never used 60° blade on anything except reflective and rhinestone media, I use 45°. Like they said though, get on the pressure/depth because the backing is more forgiving than typical vinyl backings.

I too use a 45 at maybe 130 grams of pressure, I do slow my machine down a bit to cut but it works well..

OK I think I've figured it out.  

I don't know exactly know what was wrong but I cleaned the blade with adhesive remover and reset everything.  It's cutting alot better now.  

post-69458-0-33816200-1390083695_thumb.jpost-69458-0-99197800-1390083695_thumb.jpost-69458-0-80899000-1390083696_thumb.jpost-69458-0-34159100-1390083697_thumb.j

• Like 4

Good looking shirts man!

Whered u get that camo shirt??

I have no idea. My brother handed it to me and asked me to put his logo on it. LOL