Sign in to follow this  
karkess

Window tinting

The sun is shining here in Michigan and it's a balmy 35 degrees here, up almost 80 degrees from the -40 with wind chill we had last week, and I'm suffering from spring fever already, which got me thinking about window tinting.

I know my SC cutter isn't supposed to be able to cut film, but I've heard of some people cutting it with an SC and was curious how much luck they've had?  And where is the best place to get film (I do have an EIN)? It's something I want to get into this spring and hit it HARD through out the summer, along with graphics and possible wrapping.

You should have no problems cutting the film with your plotter but the templates can be expensive as I recall

• Like 1

Do people buy decals and stuff more during the warm months compared to winter?

YES!!!!  at least at my stores, it is slower in the colder months. 

• Like 1

Tried cutting film with a cutter a long time ago. Had some problems doing it and have never tried it again. I have just always cut by hand. I have always got my film directly from the mfg. it definitely takes practice and lots of patience.

• Like 1

Seems like every time I've seen a cutting package geared toward tint they mention a special blade for the cutter.