xpfguy

RV stripes over old stripes

I used knifeless tape to outline the old faded stripes and just laid vinyl right over the old ones, pulled the knifeless string and presto.

The owner felt like the value went up about $20k, thats a happy customer.

post-7368-0-60436700-1389501023_thumb.jp

• Like 5

I don't have a shop...Yet.  And it's quite cold up here in Michigan, but I'm chomping at the bit to play with that knifeless tape.  Good job!

I thought you might say "that's a happy camper"!  I guess that's camping...

Cal

Looks great. What did that job run?

Thanks, it's about an $1100 job.

• Like 1

I never felt I had a use for knifeless today until now and your pics just turned on a light bulb in my head. Got a customer who's been wanting me to cover some matte black on his car and I could never figure out how to get it exact until now.

we just started using it on the wrap I posted earlier, that stuff is awesome! Makes life really easy.

Nice job on the RV, looks great!

Knifeless Tape   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Five, out of five thumbs ups! Takes a little practice, and learn a few tips, and tricks. Then rock&roll.

That looks like some pretty cool stuff.  

I wish you guys would slow down on introducing new things though, I cannot keep up!

Cal

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bradsc1954" data-cid="340890" data-time="1389607188"><p>

I'm somewhat mew to this still. What is knifeless tape and where do you get it?<br />

<br />

Thanks</p></blockquote>

I get it from Hexis, if you don't have an account I would be happy to resell it to you.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jaybird" data-cid="340915" data-time="1389622007"><p>

I never felt I had a use for knifeless today until now and your pics just turned on a light bulb in my head. Got a customer who's been wanting me to cover some matte black on his car and I could never figure out how to get it exact until now.</p></blockquote>

Watch video on how to start the tape and get the string out to start your cut the correct way.

Very important. Very easy just watch the videos on YouTube.

I find it starts a lot easier, if you make a little 1/8-1/4 inch slit, right at the string. And leave enough string out to get a good hold of, 4-5 inches.