Sign in to follow this  
PointOfExpression

Papilio or INKPRESS adhesive vinyl?

Which should I get? I hear really good things about papilio but haven't heard a lot on the forums about the INKPRESS vinyl? Anyone have any experience with this paper? The inkpress vinyl seems to be cheaper in price but not sure it is as good.

Any input would be great!

Using a WF 7010 with stock ink and graphtec ce-6000

I've only used the Papilio white waterproof vinyl, not the contouring kind (I have both, but have only used the one type) and after laminating with Oraguard 210 I've had good results, but so far have not used it for any outdoor applications.

The adhesive is very good - I printed, laminated and cut a set of 1/4 x 3/8" labels for my work keys back in May of 2013 and they're still on there even after being carried around every day.

• Like 1

The contouring vinyl is supposed to be more flexible and thus able to conform over complex curves and uneven surfaces.

The specs included with them claim they are both 3 mil thickness.

I tell my customers Papilio is short term use only. In my personal experience the durabrite inks only lasted about 6 months without an over laminate and just over a year with. (the over laminate pulls  the top layer off from the vinyl) This is outdoor use, I haven't had any failures with indoor use, but the ink does begin to wear after the first year.

• Like 1

that is because you are printing onto a layer sprayed on top of the vinyl - not actually into the vinyl itself.   

that is because you are printing onto a layer sprayed on top of the vinyl - not actually into the vinyl itself.   

Any suggestions?