SeeJaysPlace

-49 With Wind Chill Up here in MN

we have been too spoiled by the moderate weather the last few years - this is a harsh reminder of how it can be!  Stay warm my friend.

I like the cold.. My other business is a plumbing and heating ....another month of this please

• Like 3

I like the cold.. My other business is a plumbing and heating ....another month of this please

That's awesome!.. I bet your a busy guy..

we had our 4' sewer line freeze about a month ago..

we used 2  175,000 BTU Torpedo's to unfreeze it.. took about 3 hours or so

the line was about 75 feet long LoL..  But i didn't have to pay nothing.. I have lived in this park 35 years and i know the right people that can help and have the equipment! !! :)

But that was a sucky day lol

I had my RJ45 cable going from my liveing room to my office under the trailer.. I no longer have that cable.. I have to re wire it when summer comes along LOL

oh well.. this is what you have to deal with up in this FROZEN TUNDRA !!!!

I was born and raised here and i wouldn't move south for NOTHING!

Even tho i married a navy brat and she trys to get me to move almost every day when it's under 30 degrees !

post-16863-0-45385200-1389104612_thumb.j

• Like 2

That's awesome!.. I bet your a busy guy..

we had our 4' sewer line freeze about a month ago..

we used 2  175,000 BTU Torpedo's to unfreeze it.. took about 3 hours or so

the line was about 75 feet long LoL..  But i didn't have to pay nothing.. I have lived in this park 35 years and i know the right people that can help and have the equipment! !! :)

But that was a sucky day lol

I had my RJ45 cable going from my liveing room to my office under the trailer.. I no longer have that cable.. I have to re wire it when summer comes along LOL

oh well.. this is what you have to deal with up in this FROZEN TUNDRA !!!!

I was born and raised here and i wouldn't move south for NOTHING!

Even tho i married a navy brat and she trys to get me to move almost every day when it's under 30 degrees !

yup destroyed a HDMI cable (35 ft) under the back room floor and have to remove siding to get to the wall access and under floor - spring job LOL  it will be fine on the floor till then

yup destroyed a HDMI cable (35 ft) under the back room floor and have to remove siding to get to the wall access and under floor - spring job LOL  it will be fine on the floor till then

Yep i have a 100 Foot HDMI Cable.. I have thought about bringint it from my office to my bedroom under the trailer..

So i can run my PC to my Bedroom when i want to watch Movies LOL .... Still Thinking about it .. hehe

• Like 1

I think I would die in that weather!

Nope.. You would get used to it.. I was Born and Raised in the North and I wouldn't move down south for NOTHING!

Nope.. You would get used to it.. I was Born and Raised in the North and I wouldn't move down south for NOTHING!

give it a few more years - you will conciser it LOL   after stacey is old enough to retire I am thinking about becoming a florida resident - no pension tax, car insurance and plates are 1/2 of what Michigan is - will probably summer in Michigan but will become Florida residents to save $8,000+ a year just in the few things I have found so far

• Like 1

give it a few more years - you will conciser it LOL   after stacey is old enough to retire I am thinking about becoming a florida resident - no pension tax, car insurance and plates are 1/2 of what Michigan is - will probably summer in Michigan but will become Florida residents to save $8,000+ a year just in the few things I have found so far

Wife's Family is in GA and SC.. She wants me to move down there lol

Everyone should have to work outside for 10 years and then decide what weather they prefer.  Working in the cold and going to and from your car is a big difference when people say they love the cold. I would to if I didn't have to work in it lol.

• Like 2

Everyone should have to work outside for 10 years and then decide what weather they prefer.  Working in the cold and going to and from your car is a big difference when people say they love the cold. I would to if I didn't have to work in it lol.

I walked the perimeter of a prison and all over inside the prison in Michigan for 27.5 years in cold, rain, cold rain, weather like this and worse and can say I have no desire to do that anymore.  we used to be expected to stay on the "yard" all day except chow - get soaked in the rain or wet snow and later have your coat freeze - soaked thru it is so miserable.  If you got caught inside you was subject to disciplinary action. was told to "dress for it when you come in"   Now the prisoners could come and go on yard as they wanted but not the staff.  I get the working in it part LOL.

P.S. then when you thought you was going home at the end of the shift find out you have been mandatoried on third shift for another 8 hrs.   I soooo don't miss that place

We have been pretty busy. takes a few days for all the work to kick in. I like living in upstate NY. The hunting and fishing is great. When i had more time in my life I use to spend every free minute in the winter fishing the Salmon river for steel head. If you like fly fishing it should be on your list of things to do. 

The coldest I have ever seen here is - 28 without windchill and the most snow was for me was in 93 we had over 200 inches on the ground

We have been pretty busy. takes a few days for all the work to kick in. I like living in upstate NY. The hunting and fishing is great. When i had more time in my life I use to spend every free minute in the winter fishing the Salmon river for steel head. If you like fly fishing it should be on your list of things to do. 

The coldest I have ever seen here is - 28 without windchill and the most snow was for me was in 93 we had over 200 inches on the ground

Frostbite of the brain. You couldn't pay me enough to move back to upstate NY and I did work outside in the weather for over a decade. Not me, not ever.

• Like 1

Wife's Family is in GA and SC.. She wants me to move down there lol

Just proves who has the brains in your house although SC & GA were no picnic the last couple days

I spent my time in upstate NY milking cows.  Seen it -30 one winter and it seemed to hang in there for close to 2 weeks.  Up at 4:30 am to find frozen pipes every day, tractors that don't like to start, equipment that breaks down, couldn't let the cows out for exercise because the water pipes in the barn would freeze up so quickly.  And snow up to your butt.

No thanks to that, give me Georgia...

Cal

• Like 2

I have worked outside for 50 years ( was fixing burst pipes and thawing waterlines this week and have several more days booked ) you get used to the cold and crawling around in the snow but the older I get the less I like it.

• Like 1

well mr plumber, my water line is broke from the meter by the street to the house. It is on my bill. My husband is gonna work on it Sat. The plumber wanted $300. I don't have 300. Not that you are not worth it but my husband thinks he can  cut the pvc and put in new. Then i can call the plumber for him to fix that also. $500 :huh:?? heheheheheheheee. I don't think it froze, i think it is old.

Ya'll stay warm !!!!

yep, i couldn't live in the cold. I sleep with my electric blanket on in the summer so you knowi couldn't make it. :)

• Like 1

water line fixed. 2 hour job with friends help from church and saved $300. cost $3. in supplies.

• Like 2