Sign in to follow this  
Belin

Flexi STARTER P-CUT Edition is the problem

For some reason i cannot add to my previous thread...i keep getting database errors....so here is my new thread..

Previously i had problems getting flexi 10 to communicate with my Refine MH721 cutter..

Well not exactly

It communicates and cuts great

However it is the CONTOUR CUTTING feature im having continued problems with,,,,,

Upon advise here i went out and purchased the Keyspan USB to SERIAL convertor and a null modem cable suggesting this was the problem

Not it is NOT...

the problem im now believing id the Flexi 10 software & the machine combination.....being the version of flexi 10 i have is only the P-CUT version which im now told will not allow interaction with the machine via the Contour cutting interaction ARROW KEYS used to move the cutter head to the Registration marks to indicate to the machine the location of the contour cut that is required...

so now after spending over $100 on convertors and cables that are not needed..

does anyone have any further opinions or advice please

if you need more information on my situation please ASK and i will provide....

Im getting extremely frustrated at people either guessing or assuming my problem and having me spend extra money i dont need..

Please Help

Regards Belin

Im getting extremely frustrated at people either guessing or assuming my problem and having me spend extra money i dont need..

Please Help

Regards Belin

Then contact ACTUAL customer support if you dont like the answers you get

Then contact ACTUAL customer support if you dont like the answers you get

A bit Harsh, dude.

While it is the correct direction he should have taken from the get-go, there are nicer ways to express that advice, no?

I mean, he's from Australia, after all, and everything is upside-down there, so he has a strange view of the world.

post-21408-0-41746400-1389021642_thumb.j

We can only give help for the info that you provide..  You stated you were using Flexi 10 software.,  NOT a limited  edition Creation Pcut version,that is only for a Creation Pcut vinyl cutter.  Different vinyl cutters need different drivers to make them operate correctly. 

Here is the driver pack from Uscutter support.  You could try downloading the MH driver and see if that helps.  Or get the correct software for your vinyl cutter to start with..  The FULL ALL  driver  Flexi10 with contour cutting.

You were correct before, If you wanted to do serious contour cutting, you should have bought the correct machine,  A Graphtec or a Roland, with automatic contour cutting. and registration reading. and not a hobby/value cutter.

The Keyspan and null modem cable are not a waste of money on those value cutters at all.  You will find that out soon enough.  We recommend them to all people who get a value cutter such as the MH.  Pcut, Liyu, etc.  for just plain cutting. They make a world of difference, in saving you a ton of scrap vinyl. and doing the job correctly.  They make a much better connection and the work flow of data.

Here is the Flexi pack drivers from USCUTTER support.   But I cannot say it will fix your problem,  ONLY the Flexi 10 ALL cutter/driver version can do that.  Buy the correct  cutting software for the suitable vinyl cutter you will be using.  And buy the correct vinyl cutter for the job.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/201/28/01-flexi-driver-pack-uscutter

• Like 2

You were correct before, If you wanted to do serious contour cutting, you should have bought the correct machine,  A Graphtec or a Roland, with automatic contour cutting. and registration reading. and not a hobby/value cutter.

The Keyspan and null modem cable is not a waste of money on those value cutters at all.  You will find that out soon enough.  We recommend them to all people who get a value cutter such as the MH.  Pcut, Liyu, etc.  for just plain cutting. They make a world of difference.  They make a much better connection and the work flow of data.

This is good advice and I second the info. 

You need to realize that we are for the most part just a group of people just like you. We bought machines that are budget minded and have a group that has worked through the learning curve on an almost clandestine industry and are just trying to be helpful to others who are in the same boat. I would say your post was a little accusatory and hostile and garnered a like response. 

• Like 1

The Keyspan and null modem cable is not a waste of money on those value cutters at all.  You will find that out soon enough.  We recommend them to all people who get a value cutter such as the MH.  Pcut, Liyu, etc.  for just plain cutting. They make a world of difference, in saving you a ton of scrap vinyl. and doing the job correctly.  They make a much better connection and the work flow of data.

+1  if you didn't want to waste time and money then don't try to make a machine do something it wasn't designed to do!  yes it can be done but that doesn't mean there won't be a bit of trial and error to get to it.   

PS the views expressed are my own and not shared by or part of uscutter - I am only a moderator not a real empolyee

• Like 3

Also, even the Creation Pcut vinyl cutter has to use a special driver to contour cut with. Other than the regular cutting driver to make the contour cutting feature interactive and work.

I am only a forum member on here that has helped countless people with their problems.  I use Flexistarter more than probably any forum member on here with a Graphtec.  I started with Flexistarter back in 2006, and have used all of the products. Your statement  "if you need more information on my situation please ASK and i will provide".... But if you cannot provide accurate info, how are we to provide a good answer for your problem?  Every thread you posted stated "I use Flexi 10 software." No mention ever, of a limited driver edition Flexistarter10 Creation Pcut version. No mention ever of, I am not even using the correct driver for my Refine MH series cutter, to start with!! But everyone on the forum should  know that,, according to you..   After all, why would some one use Flexistarter10 CreationPcut version with a  Refine MH series vinyl cutter, and expect it to work correctly? That's like trying to make Ford technology work on your HOLDEN COMMODORE,, now how does that work out?   I don't need any more info from you. Nobody pays me to help anyone on here.  I'm done here.. And that is not a U.S. thing......

PS the views expressed are my own and not shared by or part of uscutter - I am only a moderator not a real empolyee

This could explain why I never get a check in the mail. Dang it now I have to go get a real job.

• Like 1

This could explain why I never get a check in the mail. Dang it now I have to go get a real job.

I gave up waiting for the complimentary ce-6000-60 too Jay LOL

on flexistarter there is a contour version and non contour version.

I didn't know there was 2 versions of Flexi Starter. I'll have to remember that so I can keep my foot out of my mouth next go round. You're waiting for the complimentary Graphtec, I'm still looking for the recon. MH. Guess you get more to wish for with seniority and all...

• Like 1

I just dream bigger Jay - I know about the two versions from Carolyn actually - she has taught me a bunch.   The many are much stronger than the one

• Like 1

3 Versions  There is the Seiki version also.   With only Seiki drivers on them, Seiki includes it with their Seiki vinyl cutters.   So, when you are wanting to purchase on Ebay or someplace else, you must make sure you are getting the ALL driver/cutter version. 

• Like 2

I didn't know there was 2 versions of Flexi Starter. I'll have to remember that so I can keep my foot out of my mouth next go round. You're waiting for the complimentary Graphtec, I'm still looking for the recon. MH. Guess you get more to wish for with seniority and all...

From Flexistarter 8.6 v1 on back, is not contour cutting.

Flexistarter 8.6 v2 on..... is.  Flexistarter 10 is.  But you still must use the correct driver for your vinyl cutter.  Always purchase the ALL cutter/driver version of Flexistarter.

• Like 1

Until this post I was unaware that they made cutter specific software so I will def. watch what I buy from now on.

• Like 1

Until this post I was unaware that they made cutter specific software so I will def. watch what I buy from now on.

Yes,  I am sure they got a great deal from SAI to provide a great cutting software that they could include FREE with their vinyl cutters.  As the Seiki version Flexistarter was included in the price of the cutter. 

• Like 1

Back when  I bought my Seiki it didn't come with software but I had Signgo Lite that came with my master and it worked good with that. Just never thought SAI would get that involved with the lower machines but there is some potential for people to step up to better grades of Flexi especially if that is what they learned on.

Here is another version that is stated ONLY for Liyu and Refine.vinyl cutters,,,  being sold by  SIGNZWORLD UK.

THIS WILL NOT SUPPORT ALL CUTTERS IT WILL SUPPORT THE LIYU RANGE, UKCUTTER RANGE AND REFINE MH721, UKCUTTER HK ONLY.

DESAY

GERCUTTER

VIC SIGN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexistarter-10-0-cutting-software-for-Liyu-creation-pcut-Cutter-Plotter-/300798246549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4608f8fe95

I bought mine somewhere around 08 and all I got was the machine. Not a bad cutting machine but serious lack of memory

So you guys dont get rich when you become "staff"? Just famous? lol

My apologies for being such a Dumb Aussie Girl..

I, along with others here did NOT know the version of my flexi 10 software was not a full version.

Damn. Why you being so hard on me.

I purchased a MH721 cutter and software. 

Sure, I fully admit from the start that I know basically ZILTCH..Hence my reasons for asking questions.

I did not know the requirement on here was to be a SOFTWARE GENIUS or a COMPUTER SCIENTIST.

Hell guys..I asked for help. Sure i may have only provided what I now believe to be half the information that was required to get a correct answer.

But anyone can see a newbie coming and my suggestion is if your willing to help & guide a total novice then would it not be best to seek out information from the newbie before setting upon them...

I also had no idea there were specific cutters that could NOT do contour cutting...

All I did was ask for HELP and all I now get is ABUSE because I'm not a nuclear scientist.

Please in future try to be a lot more inquisitive & patient with a total novice. Remember! YOU were one once.

I don't think anyones intention was to abuse you but the above statement seamed to be inconsiderate of the help that had been provided.  everyone is happy to help given the chance and with adequate info from the person asking.  before someone buys a plotter they usually ask the questions about that plotters capabilities and if it will do what they are looking to do - before they buy.   the advice given by everyone is accurate that the keyspan will give you more consistent results with fewer problems with the value cutter you have chosen.  flexi starter will allow your plotter to cut items easier than many other softwares.   people have found ways to contour cut with a plotter not made to do it and that is what they was trying to help you with.  Have you had success cutting out designs with your plotter before you made the jump into print and contour cutting?

• Like 1

ps flexi starter runs from $130 to around $400 - the full flexi pro is from $2500-$4000 - with various other flavors in between.