jmac80

websites for selling

Hello all

Anyone have any recommendation who can build a good website so i can sell my decals, wall art, tshirts etc?

Or.. what is some decent templates / software to make one... like wordpress etc?

i love the look of this site http://www.vinyldisorder.com/ any ideas?

cheers

I don't have any ideas for you as I sell on established websites (Etsy, Amazon, etc.), but you're right...that website is pretty awesome...a crap-ton of work went into that!

If u want a good free website shopping cart system and u are tech savvy, look into OsCommerce. Tons of free and cheap layouts..but u gotta be we savvy to set it up and install.

• Like 1

I don't have any ideas for you as I sell on established websites (Etsy, Amazon, etc.), but you're right...that website is pretty awesome...a crap-ton of work went into that!

how did you get on Amazon? They wont let most people sell in areas where people actually look like auto decals.

• Like 1

Thanks all

Yep i traced the vinyl disorder site back to the maker, emailed and asked for a rough price... she said 10k lol ...  I will make my own :)  10k and i could have a solvent printer / cutter ... !

If u want a good free website shopping cart system and u are tech savvy, look into OsCommerce. Tons of free and cheap layouts..but u gotta be we savvy to set it up and install.

actually oscommerce looks quite good and plenty scope for customising.

I set up a few vbulletin forums about 14 years ago.. look's fairly similar, i'm sure i could get back in the swing of it after a bit of practice :)

jmac80,  I don't see how you'll be making money doing a giant sized eiffel tower decal for a wall, at $7.

Or truck-window lettering at $4.

Or tailgate lettering for $2.50

This is just a race to the bottom.

The pricing on that web page is misleading. I looked at one of the airplanes that was listed at $7. It's size was only 7", then there is a drop down box for selecting large sized, the 3' one was like $40 or something, I don't remember exactly but it was about what you would expect for the size.

jmac80,  I don't see how you'll be making money doing a giant sized eiffel tower decal for a wall, at $7.

Or truck-window lettering at $4.

Or tailgate lettering for $2.50

This is just a race to the bottom.

i won't be selling at that price, it will be another form of income along with my local work here in scotland.

how did you get on Amazon? They wont let most people sell in areas where people actually look like auto decals.

I have to sell in the Amazon Marketplace...which sucks, because you have no say in shipping charges.  I believe each decal's charge for shipping is $4.49, the minimum.  So I adjust the cost of the decal...I only sell larger decals because of this.  Nobody is going to pay for a small decal when the shipping costs more than the decal.  Just one of the things I don't care for about Amazon.