Alillowr

Simple Application tape question

I have a graphic that I will be cutting that is 22" wide but my application tape is 15" wide.  I just want to confirm that it would be ok to just overlap the graphic so that all of it is covered.  (One strip of application tape on top and one for the bottom overlapping in the middle).  I assume its fine but I just wanted to ask just in case so I dont end up wasting any vinyl.

Guest fivestar

Yup it's fine, I do it all the time.

yup - what fivestar said - no worries, just make sure you sqeegee from the overlap down when taping. I do it alot when taping a large format digi print, nothing like making 3 passes with 24" wide app tape on a single graphic.

That works well. I ran out of 2 ft app tape a couple weeks back and was moving, but had a HUGE job, I just overlapped the 12" stuff, no problem.

Good Luck

I have done it with small decals and it left me a line (a mark) were the overlap was.

yup - what fivestar said - no worries, just make sure you sqeegee from the overlap down when taping. I do it alot when taping a large format digi print, nothing like making 3 passes with 24" wide app tape on a single graphic.

app taping on a digi print??why

any way take a nice over lap of 5 cm dont be cheap othewise it can open

I love this forum ... learning something every time I lurk around  ;)