Sign in to follow this  
DNA_Vinyl

FACEBOOK

Wow, this was a very informative thread!  Do you guys think having a FB page brings you in some business

Thanks

Yes, I get %90 of my business from Facebook! and word of mouth! from people on FB! LoL

• Like 1

I get sales off fb all the time. I finally paid to boost one of my posts this week and it reached 6000 people, added 40 likes and sold at least 3 jobs. Best $20 I've ever spent on advertising.

• Like 2

Wow, this was a very informative thread!  Do you guys think having a FB page brings you in some business

Thanks

Absolutely! 95% of my sales come from facebook or Instagram. Social media is a great and not to mention free way to advertise and promote work.

So I assume you can have a separate Business FB page from your personal page.  I need to check into this.

I HAVE to have a separate page after FB said I either convert it to a business page or they would kindly delete it for me. I think somebody ratted me out  :ph34r:

So I assume you can have a separate Business FB page from your personal page.  I need to check into this.

Yes once you log in to FB you can opt to create a page. I downloaded an app for my phone/ipad called Facebook Pages Manager that I can upload photos, post, and answer messages from. Also Instagram is a great place to show off work. I have almost 1000 followers on FB and over 500 on Instagram...i upload a picture to instagram and #hashtag it with relevant tags and these also automatically upload on my FB page as well. Kills two birds with one stone and reaches more than just your followers as well. 

What kind of post did you create when you boosted it? And what age range/interests did you target towards?

Just boosted a post I already made. It went to friends and friends of friends. Basically everybody who liked Jay's Place had their friends get it.

post-40404-0-37993400-1415806212_thumb.j

post-40404-0-50195300-1415806224_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have always been anti FB and do not have an account but I have always recognized it as a great marketing tool. Now that I am looking into joining for the business side I have some questions for you FB vets.

1- Can you give me a quick run down of how it works from post to final sale?

2- Do you need to like every Joe Shmoe who visits?

3- How do you handle riffraff and negative users?

I have always been anti FB and do not have an account but I have always recognized it as a great marketing tool. Now that I am looking into joining for the business side I have some questions for you FB vets.

1- Can you give me a quick run down of how it works from post to final sale?

2- Do you need to like every Joe Shmoe who visits?

3- How do you handle riffraff and negative users?

1. the interested party can message you directly or comment on a post and you can get in touch through FB messaging regarding payment/pickup/shipping

2. you don't have to "like" anybody...they "like" the page and posts that you created and will decide whether to follow or not

3. you can ban users/visitors from your page and also delete the negative comments/posts from others

You will have to create a personal FB page first...whether you use it or not is one thing, but the business pages have to be linked from a personal profile (although your personal information does not have to be disclosed to the page visitors). 

• Like 1

Thanks MB I was just checking out your page. Nice work! 

Thanks  ;D

I do most of my work through FB. I get new followers daily and it always results in more business for me. I love the free advertising and freedom of posting what I want when I want. It helps with custom orders since you can showcase the work and others will use that as an example to come to you with ideas for their own. 

Can I set up a business only page? I signed up but see no settings for personal or business. I do see that I can create a page for business but do I need to keep my personal page?

Can I set up a business only page? I signed up but see no settings for personal or business. I do see that I can create a page for business but do I need to keep my personal page?

You will have to keep your personal page just for linking reasons. If you long on (on a computer) look on the left hand side where it says "pages" and hover over that until you see "more". Once clicked it will give you the option to create your business page.