Sign in to follow this  
Belin

HELP PLEASE- Refine Mh721..Can It CONTOUR...Yes or No

Well as long as you purchased the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter that I showed you, and and a 9pin to 9pin or 9pin to 25 pin null serial cable, then it will work.     You cannot use just a regular Usb to serial connector.  It will not work.   It must be the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-/331064546611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d14fc1533

Can you please check this one and tell me YES or NO

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4927

It says it is a CONVERTOR...not a simple connector

its just I can get the one mentioned above locally and fast....the exact one your suggesting will take weeks from the USA.

However if you advise me that the Locally Sourced one will not work then i will purchase the one from the USA....I will have no choice...

I am following your advise.

Also on the Australia Ebay site they are many....

Will any of these be ok....

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4840.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=Tripp+Lite+Keyspan+High-Speed+USB+to+Serial+Adapter&_sacat=0&_from=R40

This info is directly from USCutter support about a problem that one of the forum member had.  And UScutter techs ONLY recommend  a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter Or a Belkin.  So use this information or not.  It's your money.     It has been repeated a zillion times on this forum  to get a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter.  Nothing more I can help you with. 

The issue could be a number of different things, likely static related if it's just stopping in the middle of cuts. The USB to serial adapter wont resolve the static issues but it can help to mitigate them since a serial connection is harder to interrupt. First, if your cutter is a first generation MH (mk1) it will need to have a Null Modem serial cable coming from the cutter to the adapter. Second, most radio shack USB to Serial adapters will not work... Or Staples or Office Depot for that matter. That's why we only carry the Keyspan USB to serial adapter. It's the only one that we can say for sure will work as it should every time and we've tested it thoroughly.  Another solid USB to serial adapter is a Belkin- but in either case you have to have a Null Modem serial cable for either to work. Banner John is correct in that a serial connection is given COM 1 by default, however, if you're using a USB to serial adapter it will likely get a regular COM port number in the device manager. If none of this helps, be sure to call in to the support department and speak with Mike Northman. 425-902-1302

This info is directly from USCutter support about a problem that one of the forum member had.  And UScutter techs ONLY recommend  a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter Or a Belkin.  So use this information or not.  It's your money.     It has been repeated a zillion times on this forum  to get a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter.  Nothing more I can help you with. 

The issue could be a number of different things, likely static related if it's just stopping in the middle of cuts. The USB to serial adapter wont resolve the static issues but it can help to mitigate them since a serial connection is harder to interrupt. First, if your cutter is a first generation MH (mk1) it will need to have a Null Modem serial cable coming from the cutter to the adapter. Second, most radio shack USB to Serial adapters will not work... Or Staples or Office Depot for that matter. That's why we only carry the Keyspan USB to serial adapter. It's the only one that we can say for sure will work as it should every time and we've tested it thoroughly.  Another solid USB to serial adapter is a Belkin- but in either case you have to have a Null Modem serial cable for either to work. Banner John is correct in that a serial connection is given COM 1 by default, however, if you're using a USB to serial adapter it will likely get a regular COM port number in the device manager. If none of this helps, be sure to call in to the support department and speak with Mike Northman. 425-902-1302

Thank You for your help and advice

Sorry that I have seemed to have tested your patience (not intentional)

I am just extremely new at this and trying to find my feet.

Again Thank You and I will not bother you again

Regards Belin

We have also told you that you could get a serial card for your computer and a serial cable to connect to also. So you do have another option.

Don't they sell those there?

We have also told you that you could get a serial card for your computer and a serial cable to connect to also. So you do have another option.

Don't they sell those there?

Ok i will now call them and check.

How to do place the serial card into my new computer...WHERE?

Ok i will now call them and check.

How to do place the serial card into my new computer...WHERE?

I don't know what kind of computer you have.   I have a Toshiba laptop and there is a slot for one. 

Mz Skeeter.

Please take into account that not EVERYONE here maybe a expert as you appear to be.

Therefore as a total novice one can expect many questions...even repeated at times 

Maybe I am on the wrong forum if a novice don't fit in with the experts.

Don't get me wrong. Your advice and help has been extremely valuable.

All I am trying to do is locate Local Compatible products to the 2 brand name items you have suggested.

No offence meant. I am just a total Newbie. That is all

Mz Skeeter.

Please take into account that not EVERYONE here maybe a expert as you appear to be.

Therefore as a total novice one can expect many questions...even repeated at times 

Maybe I am on the wrong forum if a novice don't fit in with the experts.

Don't get me wrong. Your advice and help has been extremely valuable.

All I am trying to do is locate Local Compatible products to the 2 brand name items you have suggested.

No offence meant. I am just a total Newbie. That is all

Not trying to be smart, but you have never given any info as to what computer you have.  Sorry, I cannot guess.   I don't buy newer products, I stay back on older XP, more reliable.   Don't need a fancy new computer for vinyl cutting.   I also buy XP back up computers

There is nothing compatible to a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin..   This is why those 2 brands names are recommended.    I have no clue what brands you may have there where you live. But in US, these brand names are recommended.

And I am no expert on anything, and never claimed to be. I only sent you all the info that is readily available to be read here, on the forum, or online. Sorry, that is all the info I can search up on the problem.  Maybe someone else can help you.

I don't know what kind of computer you have.   I have a Toshiba laptop and there is a slot for one. 

My new computer is a HP PAVILLION 500-001A Desktop

Not trying to be smart, but you have never given any info as to what computer you have.  Sorry, I cannot guess.   I don't buy newer products, I stay back on older XP, more reliable.   Don't need a fancy new computer for vinyl cutting.   I also buy XP back ups.

There is nothing compatible to a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin..   This is why those 2 brands are recommended.

I agree & fully understand. I purchased the new computer out of urgent need as my older computer had a heart attack...LOL

This computer doesn't only run a Cutter. It is used for other devices such as 2 laser engravers...4 printers including a large format printer...and several other smaller devices...

So at present I am slowing re-connecting all the other devices and loading their software and getting them operational 1 by 1....

I only recently aquired this cutter. Maybe I purchased the wrong cutter for the purpose of Contour Cutting.and I should have gone for a more expensive one

I am trying to give as much information as I can think of.

Pictures of my Inputs on the cutter

Pictures and links of the Local Product.

I am happy to give more information but I am not sure what information is needed by you guys to help me...

Good morning, Belin.

Think of it this way ---  a plotter/cutter is a relatively old technology, developed in the 1950's (yep) and it has not really advanced much since then. In fact, we still use HPGL (Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language) which is simply line-command programming. Nothing fancy.

You might just be better off going ahead and purchasing a cheap $50 used desktop computer running WinXP that has the built-in serial port, and then getting a 9-pin male to 9-pin female null RS232 cable (I ordered mine from ebAY) -- 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YourCableStore-6-DB9-9-Pin-Serial-Port-Null-Modem-Cable-Male-Female-/191013529261?pt=US_Parallel_Serial_PS_2_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2c794b26ad

Good morning, Belin.

Think of it this way ---  a plotter/cutter is a relatively old technology, developed in the 1950's (yep) and it has not really advanced much since then. In fact, we still use HPGL (Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language) which is simply line-command programming. Nothing fancy.

You might just be better off going ahead and purchasing a cheap $50 used desktop computer running WinXP that has the built-in serial port, and then getting a 9-pin male to 9-pin female null RS232 cable (I ordered mine from ebAY) -- 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YourCableStore-6-DB9-9-Pin-Serial-Port-Null-Modem-Cable-Male-Female-/191013529261?pt=US_Parallel_Serial_PS_2_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2c794b26ad

I understand..

But I am going to try this USB -SERIAL ADAPTER from Jaycar Australia.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4927

added with a 9 pin to 9 pin null modem cable and attach it to the COM input of my cutter

I have had the Technician guy online from JAYCAR and he has inspected bothe the TRIPP LITE and Their equivilent product which is in the link....and he seems to think the specifications are the same

Take a look at the link and give me YOUR OPINION please

Oh..and its now AFTERNNON over here...LOL 12.50pm

regards Belin

Not trying to be smart, but you have never given any info as to what computer you have.  Sorry, I cannot guess.   I don't buy newer products, I stay back on older XP, more reliable.   Don't need a fancy new computer for vinyl cutting.   I also buy XP back up computers

There is nothing compatible to a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin..   This is why those 2 brands names are recommended.    I have no clue what brands you may have there where you live. But in US, these brand names are recommended.

And I am no expert on anything, and never claimed to be. I only sent you all the info that is readily available to be read here, on the forum, or online. Sorry, that is all the info I can search up on the problem.  Maybe someone else can help you.

To me you are certainly a expert with knowledge way beyond myself. 

I understand what your saying about those 2 brand names. They being in the USA.

However on a UK forum they are suggesting a UK BRAND for this purpose,

So my point is that there MUST be equivilent products but just carrying different Brand Names within different regions.

Would you not accept that is possible?

Actually Belkin and Tripplite are  worldwide.  Maybe you could check with the Belkin and Tripp Lite.. Australian offices.   And see what a cross reference would be.

Belkin Limited

Unit E, 2 Reliance drive
Tuggerah NSW 2259
Tel: +61 (0)2 4350 4600
Fax: +61 (0)2 4350 4700
Tech Support: Australia (Toll Free) 1800 235 546
www.belkin.com/au/support/

http://www.tripplite.com/en/index.cfm

That jaycar pass-through adapter is not going to work, IMHO.

Many before you have tried and failed.

Buy a dedicated Xp computer for cheap, and get the null RS232 cable.

That's what most of us have done, and for a small amount of $$$ we've eliminated our connectivity problems. Don't over-think this. Keep it simple.

http://melbourne.craigslist.com.au/sys/4264855993.html

($25 computer in Melbourne -- where are you located?)

Actually Belkin and Tripplite are  worldwide.  Maybe you could check with the Belkin and Tripp Lite.. Australian offices.   And see what a cross reference would be. 

Belkin Limited

Unit E, 2 Reliance drive

Tuggerah NSW 2259

Wonderful...Thank you

I found this place

Just so I am 100% certain..

This is the product you are suggestion YES

http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--1229357151_Keyspan_High_Speed_USB_to_Serial_Adapter_USA_19HS

Regards Belin

Belkin Limited

Unit E, 2 Reliance drive

Tuggerah NSW 2259

I found their RESELLERS from your links...

You See. This is why your considered a expert in my books...LOL

I think where we crossed swords earlier was we had our nations pride at heart...LOL

USA Vs AUS...

Having thinking many of the very same product come wrapped in different packaging..

For example..

Take a look at YOUR NEW 2013 Pontiac......Great Car..YES...

Well it is made right here in good ole Downunder and is marketed here as a HOLDEN COMMODORE

The exact same vehicle with a steering wheel moved to the Wrong Side LOL (to suit USA) is sold over there as a PONTIAC

That was my point here....

Exact Products Packaged with different BADGE..

I do hope your not to angry with me...

Yes it is.   Your welcome.

Great...i just ordered and paid for it...

Should have it in a few days....

Then can I annoy you further if need be on set up... :angel:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,  Pontiac is no longer sold in the USA.

Let us know if you succeed with the adapter, Belin.

Carry on....

That jaycar pass-through adapter is not going to work, IMHO.

Many before you have tried and failed.

Buy a dedicated Xp computer for cheap, and get the null RS232 cable.

That's what most of us have done, and for a small amount of $$$ we've eliminated our connectivity problems. Don't over-think this. Keep it simple.

http://melbourne.craigslist.com.au/sys/4264855993.html

($25 computer in Melbourne -- where are you located?)

You know...I had this exact some problem when i purchased a Chinese CNC machine...

it had a Mach 3 controller and it required a direct serial port to run it

I did buy a old computer to do that job...and it worked like a charm...

but alas...i sold the cnc machine and the computer went along with it...

but one thing that comes to mind now when i installed Flexi 10...when locating its Com Port it did come up as MACH 3...that i thought was very strange

but as you say...its old technology wrapped in this years christmas gift wrapping..