What describes your situation/operation the best?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What describes your situation/operation the best?

• :Legit sign shop with more than 1yr exp.
    • Legit sign business, new to industry
    • Experienced graphics person, doing it on the side
    • Home hobbiest, looking to become sign business
    • Home hobbiest, just making decals for fun

Ummm, whats a DBA? I am a Network Engineer and a DBA to me is a Database Administrator, hehehe...... anyways I am doing this as a hobby for now cutting drop targets out for my pinball machines cause I am tired of making square drop targets that look  perfectly square, ugh :P

I moved down to PA from Ontario, I hope to expand this business in my local area doing signs, decals and what not with some ideas from this great bunch of people!!

Wayne

DBA = Doing Business As

It is like having a personal company. It is not a corporation, but you are registered as a merchant.

Well, Im going to get more info soon, but a friend of mine told me it depends on how much you make per year, but not sure though.

Joe

Been set up as a licensed business for about 2 years, and have yet ti collect any sales tax from any of my customers. But, all of my customers so far have been government agencies with the correct tax-exempt forms. Saves me a lot of headaches.  :)

Been doing the vinyl stuff for about 4-5 months now. Finally got my cutter working good and thinking about doing a little bit of advertising, then I guess I will have to start collecting some taxes ;)

Legit business with a DBA, working part-time out of the house.  Next step is to try to change over from a manufacturer, which means I don't pay sales tax on raw  materials, to a contractor.  Contractors in the State of Texas must pay sales tax for all supplies and machinery, but you can legally install signs, not to mention I can also get my sign contractor's license from the city.