Sign in to follow this  
diverse designz

cutting a random line

when i try to make larger cuts ive had the machine make a cut straight down the vinyl and on one instince it has made a diagonal cut. whats going on :huh:

There is an issue with the current version of SCAL PRO version 3.056h it causes random cutting issues when used with a USCutter SC model plotter. I have sent two tickets to craftedge with NO answer at tall.

UScutter has sent me a reply but they are also waiting on a reply from craftedge.

I have placed a download link to version 3.053c on this forum it should get you by until they resolve the issue.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/43026-download-link-for-last-good-version-of-scalp-3053c/

Its a memory issue. If your using USB, switch to Serial or if not able to, get a keyspan, it will help some. There is a few write ups on this if you search, I did one similar myself

Its a memory issue. If your using USB, switch to Serial or if not able to, get a keyspan, it will help some. There is a few write ups on this if you search, I did one similar myself

It’s defiantly a software issue the problem is with SCALP the SC cutter worked flawlessly before the upgrade.

no issues here with right set up using SC and SCALP. my only issue with SCALP is it being picky on using some EPS files

When I hit the download for 3053C it opens an image editor, is this correct?

It's a file sharing site so it's full of ads. Scroll down to the portion where it says "download this file" 

If you go to the craftedge.com forum they have posted a link to version 3.054sc I haven't downloaded it yet, I am tired of ruining vinyl for their tests. 

Craftedge's customer service is less than satisfactory as best. I personally think SCALP is a decent piece of software however the recent upgrades has rendered it useless. 

The new version Craftedge has posted appears to work well, it's version 3.057

I downloaded 3.057 and I'm having the same issue - random lines and letters or figures cutting half way or not at all.

I'm losing track of which versions are good. My computer had crashed so I went back to 3.048 because that's what I had downloaded on my  memory stick.

Had problems with it. Now- with 3.057. I'm lost...

Which version is safe- it's it the 3.053?

I'm not sure at this point if it's my PC or the program.  I'm running an ASUS windows 8. I have my screensaver and screen dim set to 30 minutes.

Last night I started seeing the error again with the 3.057 version where it suddenly shut down and said I had run into an error with SCALP. I also can't open files from the file itself anymore. I had this problem in one of the really early versions. But - I have to go to SCALP and Open to find the file. If I double click on the file and try to open it - it tells me I have a bad file.

I am currently using version 3.0.53 and see the random lines issue resulting from longer cuts.  Waiting to hear back form you guys if you had any luck with support.  I am fed up with cutting 10 vinyls at a time and the line going diagonal across them and the end result being 3 to 5 decent vinyls.  Wasting vinyl like it's going out of style...any luck?

I am currently using version 3.0.53 and see the random lines issue resulting from longer cuts.  Waiting to hear back form you guys if you had any luck with support.  I am fed up with cutting 10 vinyls at a time and the line going diagonal across them and the end result being 3 to 5 decent vinyls.  Wasting vinyl like it's going out of style...any luck?

And that could be memory of your cutter and being on USB...  Has been post a zillion times, to put your cutter on a Serial cable, serial card, or a Keyspan Adapter,  (brand name)  or a Belkin.  if your on USB connection.

Could also be static.  make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand, if you have one.

And that could be memory of your cutter and being on USB...  Has been post a zillion times, to put your cutter on a Serial cable, serial card, or a Keyspan Adapter,  (brand name)  or a Belkin.  if your on USB connection.

Could also be static.  make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand, if you have one.

I have an open case with USCUTTER where I have completely described the issue.  The only thing I can think of due to the randomness of the lines is static.  I took the arm screw out from the roller bar holder and grounded the machine to the stand.  I took a dremel and ground off all of the paint and ground the machine to the stand.  I have thorougly tested the ohms resistance between these two pieces including the roller screws and roller bars.  Everything is grounded and I even took the plastic bar holder off and made sure the screws were contacting the rollers.  Everything is grounded.  Settings all appear perfect according to the threads I have read and support articles I have read through.  The only thing I can think of is that I am getting some rogue current from sitting on thicker carpet.  The signal is being completely passed from the computer as watched through the hex line monitor.  After the signal is sent to the cutter it appears to keep cutting, but then the cutter strays across at an angle and then continues cutting for a bit before returning to the origin.  I have tried connecting via USB to no avail.  The cutter would actually stop 1/2 way through a cut.  I am not sure where to go from here.  I will update if/when I hear back from support.

I had a similar issue with the files just starting to cut straight lines randomly instead of the design. The problem in my case was the cut file was too large. I am cutting with SCALpro3 on a US Cutter SC model. I now am using much smaller cut files and no longer have this issue. Hope this helps! :)