Sign in to follow this  
rynecoop

finished my web site

Now ryn that looks alot better then it did last night.  You're coming right along with it.  Great job.

he was asking for advice and he followed what he got. That is how you learn.

Guest Terry

Heers what I mean by fake pics, the top of each is fake, the bottom is real. Even use your own or a friends to post nice photos.

post-0-12986516897604_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986516898358_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986516900495_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986516902483_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986516920846_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986516921404_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986516923388_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986516925293_thumb.jpg

Sheesh! Sorry Ryn-

I feel goofy now, I addressed my reply post to Daniel, instead of you...  :)

So, Ryn: Please read my post and insert *YOUR NAME* where it says Daniel.

Thanks

Kev    ;D

Daniel

Not to bad for first attempt, already have over 1100 hits.

My 2 cents

1 Put your Phone Number and Address on the main page

2 I agree with Terry Do a few more Pics of your great work

3 Make sure the Pics are save at a low res for web site 640 x 480 is great and will speed up loading time. It seem to take a little time to load. When I am on the web I want it load fast, I leave if it takes too long

4 Break up pics by having different pages such as Cars, Buildings etc

DAWG

Guest Terry

I don't understand how you can say the photos look nice? the photos are poor, not the work, but the photos are bad.

one of them looked out of focus,the others illustrated the work fine,even to my worn out eyes. But they were real examples,anyway.

Why not post your website link so we can have a look at how it should be? After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Guest Terry

I don't use a web site this is a hobby for fun. If you want I can and will build a professional web site. I use front page and Dreamweaver. Here are some sites from this forum with crisp clean photos from other members. The only bad one is on Tykites, the first one he shook the camera or did not have a flash with a digital. Toppers are clean, so are tykites but the first. Toppers are fake, and thats what I mentioned earlier to do.

http://www.toppersfx.com/servlet/StoreFront

http://www.tykite.com/index.html

Guest fivestar

Here's mine for the flower shop.  http://www.flowerboxx.com/  I've had this up for almost 3 yrs.  Critique all you want, I use it only for people out of town to find us when they are wanting to order flowers locally instead of going through a wire service such as FTD or Teleflora.  It's hard to tell how many people have actually used it for that but I can tell you Fox News, CNN, ESPN, Google and others have done business with us directly.  So I'd say they've gotten our name from google and other search engines.

Guest Terry

Keep in mind you do not need to be a pro to build a pro web site, with front page and a few others you can import a PROFESSIONAL web site from any one you like, then edit your stuff in to it in a matter of minutes, and you have a professionally made site.

Guest Terry

Here's mine for the flower shop.  http://www.flowerboxx.com/  I've had this up for almost 3 yrs.  Critique all you want, I use it only for people out of town to find us when they are wanting to order flowers locally instead of going through a wire service such as FTD or Teleflora.  It's hard to tell how many people have actually used it for that but I can tell you Fox News, CNN, ESPN, Google and others have done business with us directly.  So I'd say they've gotten our name from google and other search engines.

And crisp and clean it is.

Guest Terry

This is fivestars site, I stole it in two seconds and added my name and phone number. I did not load all of it but check his links they all work. That was two seconds and I could have done it with ANY professional site. Again I did not load everything, but thats how simple it is.

http://hometown.aol.com/elitevinylgrafx/index.htm?f=fs

What Terry is showing is easy to do -- like he says 2 seconds and your done. What takes talent is creating your own and constantly working on it to make it better. If you ever think your web site is finished your a hack! A web site is always a work in progress.

The best thing I have found for designing web sites is to spend some time looking at other sites in the same general field - it this case signs and decals -- make notes about what you like and dislike about the other sites -- take all the likes and create your own site unique to you.

to the OP --- I like where you have gone so far. The changes you have made over the last few days have really improved your site. At this point keep massaging it and making it what you want it to be not what someone else wants it to be. Remember it's your name on the site not Terry's, not mine not anyone else -- it's yours!!!

One last thing - always remember to have fun while your designing your web site. Too many people get caught up in being serious! Try to find something fun to put on there unique to you - you never know it may become your trademark!

just my .02  -- for what it's worth

thanks for all the comments, I appreciate your input.  I guess I should get that front page program.  I was doing my site old school HTML  oh well I guess with that kind of software I could just go around and copy everyones page.  I think I would rather have an original page that I designed.  I will try out that software though I am sure that it is alot easyer than trying to use HTML to make the site.  I can probabbly be done in 20 mins with that software.  I just want to stress the fact that I am not a professinal web site designer!  I took some classes in college, and remember the HTML but thats about it.  I am a professinal designer when it comes to vinyl however.  I can make anything out of vinyl, but websites aint my thing.  I was just playing around getting an idea.  I have a friend who is a web site designer, and he is going to make the page for me, and all I have to do is put some graphics on his car.  pretty sweet trade if you ask me.  well again thanks for all the comments and suggestions.  I will repost the site once my friend designs it for me.  Thanks again

I agree with being original -- even using software such as front page. I am self taught - I started learning HTML back about 5 years ago when I got my first geocities free page. Since that time I have designed about a dozen sites for myself, assisted on several "professional" commercial sites and generally screwed around on other sites. I am not a professional, I just like to play in areas that I find interesting.

If you can do it - get involved with your friend when he builds your site - see if he minds teaching you some of the tricks so you can take control of your site and be able to make changes down the road. Maybe offer a few extra graphics for him in trade.

Good luck and may your web site make you a million this year!