Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

40th Wedding Anniversary Plate

My sister and her husband had her 40th wedding anniversary last night so I took my new found fun and made them a plate! The pick kinda sucks but the plate turned out cool and everyone loves a personalized gift. 

post-20133-0-75178500-1388335820_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks all. BTW I looked all over the place trying to find plain glass plates like that before happening across that one at Target. No one else in my area had plain, the rest all had designs.

Nice job Goose. I saw some plain glass plates at Walmart last week

Bob

Nice job!  How did you do the ribbon?  And, was the etching done on the bottom of the plate or on the top side?

Cal

Nice job!  How did you do the ribbon?  And, was the etching done on the bottom of the plate or on the top side?

Cal

I did the ribbon in two passes. First the outline then peeled the interior and gave it a quick once over to get a good frost. I did this on the front but should have done it on the back. It still looked great but would have been more useable on the back, not that they will likely use it for a plate. I got it all cut before I thought about going on the back side and didn't feel like cutting and weeding a whole second time.

• Like 1

Thank you for the follow up with the technique!

Cal

Very nice. Now where can I squeeze a blasting setup into my work area...