Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

MH721 took a crap..

While feeding vinyl yesterday, my carraige of the cutter went to the right against the red emergency stop button, and kept grinding against it. Turned machine off, turned it back on and just got welcome screen, flashing status light and motor that's locked into position. Argh. I can move carraige if machine is off, but not on.. Called USC today and they said they think its mother board, so I gotta tear into it tonight. Of course it's in the middle of a huge job. boo.

Unplug it from the board, try that first, maybe it will help, I'm not sure.

This is a cheap $10 part and could have died on ya -- and for sure it's an important element of the entire system.

the red button sticking or failing is actually not that uncommon on that machine so you might be in luck

Once you get this fixed I suggest you save your money for another cutter. If you are going to be in the business, you need a back-up cutter.

• Like 2

Agree with John, always good to have a spare if you intend to do this for a living and hopefully the motherboard will get you back in the game.

Yeah, I plan on getting a nicer one with a laser. Right now, I am in the process of buying a house so I cant.

A house?  What are you, nuts? Get a Graphtec!!!!

(sorry to hear the WD40 spritz into the button didn't work)

Most of the time just a tap on them got it to work, but if a mb then that is a whole other issue. Hopefully it gets you going. If you watch cl Joey I have seen graph techs not far from you for around 500 or so in the last year. Was just a little farther than I wanted to travel to pick up. Watch with search tempest.com

Motherboard went in with help from Tech  Support, had a wrong plug and a plug in 180º wrong. All good and cutting!

• Like 1