myvinylcreations.net

custom wine glasses

Oracal 651 or 631 or something different? I tried last night to put some vinyl on a wine glass but it still creased. Been watching youtube videos to perfect it.

Oracal 651 or 631 or something different? I tried last night to put some vinyl on a wine glass but it still creased. Been watching youtube videos to perfect it.

Use paper tape and do a wet install.  That will let you work out any creases that occur.

Another huge secret is to keep your vinyl pieces with as small of a surface area as possible - art that is "airy" vs. "solid" works better as it's less likely to trap bubbles or creases.

Also, if you're doing tapered glasses, like tumblers, pilsner glasses or martini glasses, you need to account for that taper and curve your art so it looks straight when applied.  You can find links to videos on this forum that will show you how to do this.

• Like 2

I use shinerite vinyl but I make as long I kept the image 3"w x 2.5"h I had no issues with putting on the vinyl. when I go any bigger it becomes an issue.

I did some round Christmas globes last year and after the cut, weed and transfer tape I hacked away at things so each line was separate except right in the middle and was able to get it on easily. (I also did the graphic so it was corrected for the size of the ball) I have that file still tucked away somewhere, maybe I'll post it if I can find it again.