Sign in to follow this  
Rob@MM

Cutting Issue Ce6000 Graphtec Studio/SCAL

I've finally found a little time to mess with this new machine but still can't figure what's up with this problem.

These files cut 100% fine on my old machine using SCAL.

I've tried cutting these files with SCAL and Graphtec studio and end up with the same results.

post-17229-0-79077900-1387488304_thumb.j

Factory settings on machine. Blade Offset set at 0 in Graphtec Studio. No option for Offset in SCAL.

It cuts what seems like everything fine except for text. This isn't some bs text I vectored, it's straight off the program I use to design. 

Blade's fine. Machine's brand new. Files are clean. 

Seems like an offset issue but everywhere I've read states offset stays at 0.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks guys. 

not offset, offset either rounds corners or hooks them. Overcut would be a more likely culprit but I really can't say for sure from the pictures.

I tried a few different offsets which made no positive change. Does it make sense that it only happens on text?

I feel 99.99999% sure it is not offset and for some reason most issues show up in text before you see them in actual graphics. Don't know why but they always seem worse with fonts.

You can download CPCTL from the graphtec page and change and save all your plotter settings and run test cuts from your computer, not sure if it will help it's just the way i do it. The temp of the vinyl and the plotter makes a big difference in the quality of the cut, cold vinyl does not cut well, I have ruined a few jobs cutting before my shop warmed up.

The temperature of the vinyl and cutter is room temp. I literally can cut that design with the CE6000 using either SCAL or Graphtec Studio and get those ding marks, turn around and plug back in my old machine and cut it 100% perfect with SCAL. Would seem like a machine setting at that point, which is at factory settings. Anyways, I have a support ticket open. I've sent this pic and the file to tech support for them to cut. I'll let you guys know what I find out. 

• Like 1