justmoore

Master TC3000 Series Cutting Issue

I'm not sure if this is where I should post, but someone suggested I should try here.  I am having an issue with my Master TC3000 series cutter.  I seems to not complete the cut correctly, some times causing a drag in the cut.  I have included a picture.  Someone suggested I need to reset my knife cut.  Not sure exactly what I need to do.

If someone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.  It hasn't had this problem to this point.  I might need to change the cutting strip again.  I have changed to a new blade, but have the same problem.  I might be doing something wrong, because I changed the cutting strip and it seems to have worn faster than before. 

Thank you!

post-83594-0-05078800-1387470374_thumb.j

if you are wearing out cutting strips and from observing your photo I bet you are using too much blade - 

from our friend skeeter:

take the holder out of the machine and adjust the blade so it just cuts thru the vinyl and not into the backing paper - put the holder back into the cutter and adjust your pressure.

Somehow this myth of 1/2 a credit card just won't die . . . . 

If you use a premium blade make sure to start with too little blade and too little pressure until you get it set.  premium blades have harder tips to make them last longer - this makes them more brittle and will break if you punch thru the paper into the cutting strip - when the blade makes a turn.

• Like 1