Sign in to follow this  
DeepEllumGlass

25" SC cutter sign length question

First off I am as new as they come to vinyl cutting so this may be a stupid question.

I just purchased a 25" SC cutter on the US cutter to cut signs for our company enclosed trailer and our company trucks. It's not even set up yet.

I've been reading the forum and watching tutorials. Will this 25" cutter do long signs?

What we want to do on our trailer is put 12" tall letters the full 24 foot length at the roof line of the trailer.

It looks on the US cutter tutorial that the biggest size is 12x24.

We want 12" tall letters stretched over a 20 to 24 foot length. If we need to do it in sections we can do that I guess.

Thanks, Robert

it will but I would do in sections to make them easier to handle. especially being new to doing it

• Like 1

Sure thing, and you'll have no problem with that type of production run.

The one part that will hold you back a bit on doing this in one swoop is the taping ---  unless you have a really really long table, you'll have to do the taping in sections after the entire length of lettering is weeded.

Also, remember that you will have to scale whatever font you utilize (maybe stretch it or compress it) to fit into that length & height.

Slice,,, why can't he tape  it in 1 large swoop? I only have an 8ft table and I could do it with no problems. Been doing it.   I make very large length vehicle graphics, and I sure don't do those in sections.   They are taped with only 1  continuous piece of transfer tape the whole length and width.   My first jobs were very large vehicle graphics.. And I  work by myself only.

• Like 3

I have a mask -rite...tape applicator.... nothing is attached to the table.  Yes a bit pricey, to start with, but works great.  It has paid for it's self many times over, cause I can do those big jobs.   I started with this in 2006.  I could tape at any length.  I have a 24" and a 30" W.     24" weighs less than 3 pounds.  You just keep bringing the end up,  You can roll the end up that is already taped and keep working the whole design.  Just keep pulling it down.   I mostly keep the design off the floor, but I have put a sheet down before., for it to fall on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vinyl-Application-Transfer-Tape-Professional-Applicator-/380477118691?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58963418e3

Um, dakota.... I HAVE to have your avatar!  That has been "me" since my nieces were born!  I have been called "Uncle Scissors" now for 18 years!

post-27312-0-85268400-1387349613_thumb.j

• Like 1

OK, I see what you guys are talking about, hand-held applicators.

I like the tagline for the ORDWAY MaskRite roller --

"The most awkward step in vinyl signmaking has just become a breeze."

That EZRoll machine was also cool (I watched the video) and it would be a tough call to decide which of the two units would be better.

It would be interesting to see a side-by side real-world competition of these different products in shop use, and see which one comes out the winner !!!  Either way, for around $100, they look like terrific tools.

There is no way I would get in a masking competition with Carolyn . . . I would get my butt handed to me no doubt.  on the devices I am sure it is close - I like the one I have because it has a rubber roller on the bottom much like a laminator - you just have to get started straight as with any masking device.  I also had a webermade for a while.   to be honest a lot of the ones I do now I still lay the tape down face up and apply the graphic to it by hand with a squeegee -