Sign in to follow this  
phaney

Ship My Order Please!!

I placed an order on Friday 12/13 Monday morning I go to looking for a tracking number, when I contacted customer support I received the following message

"Unfortunately due to our annual inventory count we did not ship the product on Friday. It is resuming today and will be shipped. We should have the tracking number by the end of the day.
Mike"

Well by the end of the day Monday I need to order more supplies so I placed another order and got my order confirmation email at 4:29 CST. Did they ship either order out...NO they sure didn't. Now during my busiest week of the year I sit here without the supplies I needed yesterday while they still have not shipped what should have been shipped Friday. I already know the answer to why yesterdays order didn't ship "it was too close to the deadline" I've called before about orders placed at 4:15 CST and was told it was too close to deadline. My response was "yes but it was still before the deadline right?" Yes it was before but still too close to process and ship. Well maybe you should change your deadline posted if that’s not really the deadline! Looks like management might need to step in and train the staff as to what a deadline is.

As of now I have sent an email asking why these have still not shipped 4 hours ago and another 2 hours ago but still have not gotten a response. I tell you what if I had a customer spending over $15,000 a year at my business I sure as heck would be bending over backwards to make sure they got taken care of!!

just a thought if I was running a business where I went thru 15K in supplies a year I would have more than a few days of stock on hand so when things slowed down in supply this time of year (as they always do) I wouldn't be in a pinch - just a thought

• Like 3

Your quote::Well by the end of the day Monday I need to order more supplies,     Then you don't have enough inventory on hand  to start with, to run a solid business, if you have to order every 2 business days. 

I don't know where you live,  but have you even considered that there has been a major snow storm this past week?  a Huge area.  Flight delays, truck delays.  This is winter, you might as well count on those delays.  If this is the busiest week, why didn't you stock up two weeks ago and be ready for your rush.?  Keeping inventory in stock at all times is a major part of your business. Not wait to the last minute to order if, regular stock.  I only use 50 yrd rolls of vinyl., and if I am down to 1/2 roll,   I order.  Same for transfer tape.   Boxes, or whatever I need.  I never run out of material/supplies.

• Like 5

I too placed an order last week (thursday) about 20 minutes before their "cutoff" and did not receive my order (part of it) till Monday.   That tells my they did not get it out same day as promised otherwise it would have been here friday.

When they ship in stock items to me I always get them next day.  That means they did not ship out till the next day.  

I agree, if you are gonna advertise a cut off time, you should stick to it an honor it or change the time on the web page to what is accurate.

• Like 1

I too placed an order last week (thursday) about 20 minutes before their "cutoff" and did not receive my order (part of it) till Monday.   That tells my they did not get it out same day as promised otherwise it would have been here friday.

When they ship in stock items to me I always get them next day.  That means they did not ship out till the next day.  

I agree, if you are gonna advertise a cut off time, you should stick to it an honor it or change the time on the web page to what is accurate.

ok - good point If you say you will do something do it if not don't say it - but I still plan on delays this time of year- between the snow, inventories and just shipping delays caused by the christmas rush I have stock on hand - if not I order from the supplier 2 hrs away (seldom need to do that as I plan ahead)

• Like 2

I don't know where you live,  but have you even considered that there has been a major snow storm this past week?  a Huge area.  Flight delays, truck delays.  This is winter, you might as well count on those delays.  If this is the busiest week, why didn't you stock up two weeks ago and be ready for your rush.?  Keeping inventory in stock at all times is a major part of your business. Not wait to the last minute to order if, regular stock.  I only use 50 yrd rolls, and if I am down to 1/2 roll, I order.  I never run out of material/supplies.

Not trying to start trouble here as I do agree with you on properly maintaining your inventory levels and not order last minute etc.  but I think the point that was being made was more about the items not shipping that day as promised.  Their reply was "to close to deadline" not "we have bad weather here" etc.

I too have been "lied to" on the phone telling me my items "have been shipped" Only to find out (by another phone call to them 2 days later) only to find my order had never shipped.....

• Like 1

ok - good point If you say you will do something do it if not don't say it - but I still plan on delays this time of year- between the snow, inventories and just shipping delays caused by the christmas rush I have stock on hand - if not I order from the supplier 2 hrs away (seldom need to do that as I plan ahead)

Agreed.... waiting till the last minute to order stuff you need by a deadline.... you are asking for trouble.

Agreed.... waiting till the last minute to order stuff you need by a deadline.... you are asking for trouble.

Agreed, plus the fact it puts more pressure on you making it, fast....   and it seems nothing goes right then. Stress level too high..  Then you screw up the vinyl you just got in....

If you need supplies fast, then you had better have a closer supplier...if your cutting it that close on inventory. 

• Like 1

xpaperman - I agree nothing sets me off like being lied to - something that was well known when I worked at the prison- it goes much better if you are honest and I something I didn't want to hear, than to lie to me

• Like 1

We do keep a good supply on hand..but you never know what you're going to sell and who will walk in the door wanting something. As there are so many different vinyl’s and colors for outdoor, indoor and heat press I couldn't possible keep everything I "might" need on hand, to sit around getting old if I didn't need it. I am very fortunate to live 4 hours from the Memphis warehouse and most always get my orders next day. So I am a little spoiled there. My point was that I'm upset about being told they would ship and then they didn't and now they won't respond to my emails. I wasn't mean in my messages just need to know what's up and why they aren't shipping my orders. The weather hasn't been bad here since the 1st of December.

What does staff mean under dakotagrafx are you a uscutter employee? If so that's some pretty poor customer service there!

We do keep a good supply on hand..but you never know what you're going to sell and who will walk in the door wanting something. As there are so many different vinyl’s and colors for outdoor, indoor and heat press I couldn't possible keep everything I "might" need on hand, to sit around getting old if I didn't need it. I am very fortunate to live 4 hours from the Memphis warehouse and most always get my orders next day. So I am a little spoiled there. My point was that I'm upset about being told they would ship and then they didn't and now they won't respond to my emails. I wasn't mean in my messages just need to know what's up and why they aren't shipping my orders. The weather hasn't been bad here since the 1st of December.

What does staff mean under dakotagrafx are you a uscutter employee? If so that's some pretty poor customer service there!

Just to Clarify "Staff" in this context does NOT mean a paid employee or any other type of employee - I just help moderate the forum

- if I was actually paid I they would have fired me long ago LOL

PS I agree with the red part above

• Like 3

Brutal Honesty is my strong point - sublty not so much.    :'(

I worked in a prison for 27.5 years and your word was gold and straight talk appreciated - sugar coated bs or deception not so much - so it is kinda ingrained in me now.  I could deal with being told I did it and got caught and will probably try it again, better than "not me I didn't do it"  integrity is not easy to maintain, respect is something you earn thru integrity and honesty

I think the basic point is we agree that if they said it would go out it should have - but I also keep stock on hand to carry me thru a week or more (in most cases a month or more) as I can't plan on others to be as prompt and reliable as I try to be 

• Like 1

Last week I needed an order fast.....called Washington...it was AFTER the cut off date. They got on the phone to Memphis..had a shipping confirmation in 20 minutes. They were actually closed but one guy in the shipping dept had to wait for FedEx and he got it out for me. I guess it all depends on who you talk to.

and remember...the sales department and the shipping department are two different departments. If the guy told you it would ship he wasn't lying to you. The shipping dept dropped the ball.

• Like 2

I've started dealing with a more local supplier. 

I call them up and place my orders and they deliver in my area on Mon, Wed, and Fri. 

I've also found that their prices are alot better then UScutter's AND I don't have to pay shipping. 

If they have to drop ship it takes the same 2 days uscutter would take and it's STILL cheaper. 

My local "national" supplier seems to be out of stock on everything I need lately. I won't mention GRIMCO by name but they are stocking less and less in SC which means everything ships from out of state and takes as long or longer than Uscutter. As for how much you spent with them I haven't updated Quickbooks entries since July (really should do this before tax time :) ) and at that time I was heading towards $7k so I don't think either of us are exceptional spenders, just average Joes. They make mistakes but so does every other company I have ever dealt with at some point. If an order is critical always call it in and if you don't have a confirmation email in 20 minutes call back because something happened. I have had 30"x50 yard rolls of vinyl overnighted this year to fill emergency requests and they have always come through for me but I always call and express my urgency when placing those types of orders.