Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

Shop truck

Somebody asked for pictures of shop vehicles a couple weeks ago and me being my slow self I finally  got 1 to post

post-40404-0-28605900-1387040931_thumb.j

• Like 2

Looks good Jay...but you are showing off showing palms and greenery all I have seen this month is snow. I love my state but at times I have a love hate relationship when the weather has been like this.

It started raining right after I took that picture and is in the lower 50's I think. Time to put on a long sleeve shirt

• Like 1

That $4 shirt started because somebody is plastering the area with 18x24 coros promoting $5 shirts for family reunions. I'm not gonna let him get a foothold in my area if at all possible.

• Like 2

It started raining right after I took that picture and is in the lower 50's I think. Time to put on a long sleeve shirt

We have had a heat wave today high in the mid 30s. I am getting too old for the snow shoveling and working in the cold.

That $4 shirt started because somebody is plastering the area with 18x24 coros promoting $5 shirts for family reunions. I'm not gonna let him get a foothold in my area if at all possible.

That's why I quit screen printing. 

• Like 1

That's why I quit screen printing. 

$50 in 30 minutes is plenty of reason to continue screen printing and this deal is very specific, 1 color - 1 location white shirts xl and smaller.

i was reading im sure he can do a tshirt for 4.00 he only flashing..no disrespect to anyone u get what u pay for at 4.00 when it come to plastisol ink it take more the a flash dryer to cure the ink.. i would like to know if he ever does a stretch test to see if the ink cracks if u dont cure white ink right it will crack

You can get Hanes, 1st quality white T's S-XL for $1.50 all day long, one location, one color print would use pennies of plastisol per. One screen is less than $5.00 in materials to coat and reclaim. He can make money at $4 per shirt but you would need some volume to make it worth it. And I print on a 4 color, 4 station and have a single phase forced air drier. I have a flash unit also but that is for flashing, not curing.

I wouldn't touch an order like that for under 100 shirts to make it worth the time but there is money to be made at that price.

i dont screen with hanes i can get gildan white shirt for $1.25 and i get color shirts for 1.65 to 1.88 a shirt but i will screen 25 and above which i dont charge no set up fee or any of that

gotta say was a hard core gildan user for years but after trying the port brand from sanmar for my shirts I love them even more

gotta say was a hard core gildan user for years but after trying the port brand from sanmar for my shirts I love them even more

Easier to work with or better quality shirts or both?

the ease of working isn't a factor for me they both work great but the port seam to feel nicer and hold up well over many washings

no problem - my personal shirts will be converting over but I tend to keep them a long time so it will take a while LOL

Let me ask you this, why can't you print 1 color 1 location on a white shirt for $4? I clear over $2 a shirt and do 45 shirts an hour without help. As for the comment on the flash dryer I use test strips under my plastisol to ensure proper cure temp is reached and there are more people using flash dryers than conveyor dryers out there due to cost and space. I use Port & CO. 6.1 oz. shirts and I switched from Gildan a couple years ago because while doing an order I had a Gildan 5x that was smaller than the 3x in the same order.

i was reading im sure he can do a tshirt for 4.00 he only flashing..no disrespect to anyone u get what u pay for at 4.00 when it come to plastisol ink it take more the a flash dryer to cure the ink.. i would like to know if he ever does a stretch test to see if the ink cracks if u dont cure white ink right it will crack

No disrespect to you but you are wrong if you think you can't get quality work with a flash dryer. It takes more attention to detail to make sure everything is running correctly but it is just as cured as a conveyor dryer. Temp is temp no matter what the source of the heat. Also in case I forgot to mention in my other post there is a 25 shirt minimum for this pricing. Hell since I'm so cheap look me up I'll do your basic "no money" work for you and you can resell it and pocket the change.

• Like 1

a flash dryer is just to flash cure the ink..how long do u let your shirt stay under the flash dryer but the ink i use has to get to between 350 and 375 for it to cure right and not crack.. listen im not knocking what u do or your set up what ever makes u money but i read that u use vinyl on your screen is that not messy how long does that screen last

Cure temp for plastisol is between 320-330 throughout the ink. Anything over 350 can result in overcuring and causing premature cracking. I use vinyl on simple design and usually on runs under 50 shirts. I did try htv which made an awesome and extremely durable screen but alas reclaiming was more work than it was worth. I do use traditional emulsion systems as well, just depends on the job at hand and the timeline since I can take a shirt order up to around 100 shirts and receive deposit in the am and call for pickup up the order by 5:30 same day as long as I have everything in stock. The money is in the speed and knowing which sytem works best for each situation.

Im with Jay on this one. Even if hes only making 10 cents a shirt. Hes keeping that money out of his competitors pocket and in his. Isnt that the point of being in business. You win he loses. 

• Like 1