kristidawn

HELP...my vinyl cutter is putting knicks in every letter.

My vinyl cutter has recently started to cut really sloppy. I have changed the blade thinking that I needed a new one and it is still doing it.  My problem seems to be where the cut starts & then stops on each letter or object.  It is not making a clean cut. When I go to weed my project, there are little kicks at this point on almost every letter.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me on what I am doing wrong & how I can fix this??

Thank you!! ;)

that and a drop of lightweight oil in the blade holder - make sure blade is properly adjusted with minimum used -

Not sure if this will help as I had the same problem on a Graphtec and I don't know how the two compare but for me it was the blade holder.  The tiny little bearings in that were just getting gunked up and worn out, replaced the blade holder and the problem went away. 

Not sure if this will help as I had the same problem on a Graphtec and I don't know how the two compare but for me it was the blade holder.  The tiny little bearings in that were just getting gunked up and worn out, replaced the blade holder and the problem went away. 

out of curiousity what kind of blade holder? off brand?

FrznFire07 - I have the cheap knock off holders for the graphtec and roland and they work great . . 

FrznFire07 - I have the cheap knock off holders for the graphtec and roland and they work great . . 

i'm surprised, you use clean cut blades with knockoff holders?

i've been needing to replace mine, I guess i'll look at the knockoffs now, thanks!

Ross at cleancut even has some cheap holders for sale . . . The bearings in the cheap holders seam to work as good as oem. Been using them for years

Thanks everyone for your help.  I have tried all of your suggestions & unfortunately none of them worked.  It seems like the smaller the font, the worse it is.  I have slowed down the cutting speed & that doesn't help either.  It seems to me that it is jerking a little so it is making it impossible to make a clean cut.  it actually tears the letters when they are small.  Stressing me out.  Any other suggestions you could help me out with?

pictures help a lot.       biggest mistake made is too much blade out - for problems with lifting and not good cuts on small letters

Here is a photo for you.  This is actually one of the better ones.  The size of this font is 1/2 inch.  I haven't made any changes, so that is why I am so confused. I am so dumb when it comes to the technical part of this so I am clueless.  Can you explain to me how I can adjust the blade so not as much is out??

post-20074-0-35106600-1389243156_thumb.j

Here is the correct way to set your blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Make sure that the blade is sharp enough too because 631 has a lower adhesion rate so if the blade is pulling instead of cutting it may make it want to lift .

• Like 1

Yep, Cleancut convert here for both of my cutters.

• Like 1