Dakotagrafx

Who turned the dang temp down

went out to the mailbox and the snow squeaked - looked when I got back in and it is 8 degrees.  now as long as we have snow I like it to stay below 28 or so - that way it isn't a wet snow but this is a little too far down there if you aren't on a sled and bundled up

ps not me but a true sled is always yellow - just sayin

ski-doo.jpg

a friend from Canada had this on his fb page and thought it was too funny not to share

woke up this morning to -14. My Expedition wouldn't start so I tried my van, doors froze shut. After prying the doors open and finally getting it started found out my brakes froze and I couldn't hardly stop.

I think it was -21 last night.

• Like 1

I just walked over to my kitchen window and snapped a few pics for you guys ---

post-21408-0-03720900-1386693816_thumb.j

post-21408-0-31213200-1386693837_thumb.j

post-21408-0-52763400-1386693856_thumb.j

I just walked over to my kitchen window and snapped a few pics for you guys ---

you guys got slammed pretty good ,..... we got ice and about 4 inches of snow.  south and east of us got blasted with ice breaking trees and power lines of course and countless wrecks..they just couldnt understand why they could not stop from 50 miles an hour on ice.

• Like 2

you guys got slammed pretty good ,..... we got ice and about 4 inches of snow.  south and east of us got blasted with ice breaking trees and power lines of course and countless wrecks..they just couldnt understand why they could not stop from 50 miles an hour on ice.

I KNOW I love how people have no common sense when it comes to ice, suddenly everyone's going 5mph, and there's cars in the ditch upside down.

when we want to make a little extra money when it snows just drive around with a tow strap! there's bound 6 or 7 people needing pulled out of the ditch. 

• Like 1

When I lived in NY I plowed in the winter and there were evenings I made more pulling people out of ditches than I did plowing. 

• Like 1

Stacey had a breakdown yesterday and sat 2 hrs in the cold car (I was sleeping and didn't here the phone - she has been instructed to call road service right away next time - and I upgraded the road service after shelling out an additional $48 - her new job is too far from anywhere to service a vw

man that's dangerous, that can get bad real quick!

My family has a winter kit in the back of our van just in case of a breakdown. It is soooo cold here right now.

Were just starting to warm up this week. 14 degrees outside. It's been in the single digits for highs and about -4 for lows the past week.

• Like 2

I KNOW I love how people have no common sense when it comes to ice, suddenly everyone's going 5mph, and there's cars in the ditch upside down.

when we want to make a little extra money when it snows just drive around with a tow strap! there's bound 6 or 7 people needing pulled out of the ditch. 

You should see the idiots in Texas. Half of them can't even drive in heavy rain, let alone ice.

• Like 1

You should see the idiots in Texas. Half of them can't even drive in heavy rain, let alone ice.

we get all the Texan tourists who decide to to come ski in fresh powder but expect the roads to be dry.

LOL

• Like 1

So your lucky it can be sunny and dry here and they still are  in the left lane crawling ...

I know the feeling about people and how they drive in the snow.  I also used to drive tow truck and wow did we make money when it snowed.  Now i just do jumpstarts and stuff which alone can be lucrative all winter.  Gotta love upstate NY

Gotta love upstate NY

You can have my share. I have a love-hate relationship with NY. I love to hate it.

heck knuckle - most people from the upper peninsula I know don't put on long pants till at least 10 below . . . .Love every one of them I know but I think there is something wrong with them at the same time. - they are the ones that do the polar bear plunge and want to do laps!

It us crazy how a few miles make a difference we ran to Roanoke Va. Yesterday to check our place there was no snow and 15 degrees warmer and it is only 120 miles se. Of us. If I did not have so much to do I would maybe spend the rest of the winter there if not farther south like key west. Lol

• Like 2

was crazy when we was on the big island a few years ago - hot on the beach and snow on the volcano as we drove up . . . .wish houses weren't 1.5 million and col so high.

I now have a favorite brother in law - gave me some fresh caught salmon at the family Christmas before mom headed to Florida - I forgot how good the fresh stuff was OMG. Made me forget the snow for a few minutes.  1 week till we head to Florida for 2 weeks!  I want some gator for diner one night.

post-2742-0-29628100-1386788987_thumb.jp

• Like 1

was crazy when we was on the big island a few years ago - hot on the beach and snow on the volcano as we drove up . . . .wish houses weren't 1.5 million and col so high.

I now have a favorite brother in law - gave me some fresh caught salmon at the family Christmas before mom headed to Florida - I forgot how good the fresh stuff was OMG. Made me forget the snow for a few minutes.  1 week till we head to Florida for 2 weeks!  I want some gator for diner one night.

What part of Florida are you headed for?