I have a question that is eating me alive. I am working on a website and i am about to load up all the products, but here is my question. Would it be better if i just upload a jpeg of the sticker from Photoshop? Or should i actually make a 4 inch decal snap a picture and use that as the product image instead? What do you customers appreciate more? Or are they just "mehh" about it. 

Thank you so much!

Im pretty sure customers dont give a damn. But think about how much it would cost you in material and time to create all of your designs. 

Just find a car window online and digitally add your graphic to the window if you want to show it off. Or if you do wall art, find a wall. You get the idea.

Just export the image from your design software. You can import that onto an image to make it look like it has been applied to a surface.

The "mock-up" will be sufficient to get the customers to understand what you are offering.

Awesome thank you guys so much. This is the only thing that has been eating me alive. I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I have my own garment printing and clothing line business and figured i try something new on the side since i have a cutter. Once again Thanks! 

• Like 1

You should water mark it and it probably wouldn't hurt to keep it at a low resolution. High res images are easier to steal.

Not to dicourage you but that watermark can be cleaned off that image in (literally) 3 seconds with the levels control.

At minimum, use a multi-color watermark and expect your originals to be ripped off.

Unfortunately, the interwebs have become a easy venue where stealing others' work has become so commonplace,

many aren't even aware it's illeagal and immoral.

I don't know how it is done but I've been on websites that if you try to right click their images it just pops a warning about how you can't do that. Harder to copy if they can't save image that way. There are ways around it but it is a good deterrent.

• Like 1

I don't know how it is done but I've been on websites that if you try to right click their images it just pops a warning about how you can't do that. Harder to copy if they can't save image that way. There are ways around it but it is a good deterrent.

if it still lets you click on it to select it but not right click you just select and hit control c to copy and control v to paste it anyways - pissed a friend right off when he added that code to his ebay auctions to stop copying his stuff and I sent a altered copy back by email within a minute LOL   now the ones done with flashplayer are another story

• Like 2

These you couldn't click on the image either way and if you copied it came up html or webpage. It's been a while since I've seen 1 setup this way but I guess a screenshot and some cropping would get around it, just takes longer. I wasn't trying to copy anything when I discovered this I just have a twitchy finger that sets off the button om my mouse all the time. I have since gotten a smaller mouse to help keep my finger away from the button when not needed.

when you do it you are just stopping a casual user anyways there is always a way around it if they want it bad enough.  with my friend it was just messing with him,  years ago dad would change his answering machines when I would figure out his code for listening to his messages as he thought if I did it someone else could.  well the major manufacturers in the 80s all used 3-4 digit codes and they always consisted of 2 numbers and a repeat - if you had a clue which recorder manufacturer it was you could narrow it down, usually, to just a couple of numbers they used in their codes so it was pretty easy to work out the code to listen to the messages.  that was before you could program you own code.  I acquired quite a few machines that was like new after he would get a new one LOL  a couple I sat down and did while he was still throwing away the packaging.

• Like 1

Something like this is fine do you think?

At the very least you want the water mark on top of your image, not behind it.

If someone really wants to copy your work ( well steal would is a better choice of words ) they will.

I have been making websites for years, if they didn’t know how to copy my work by themselves they would pay someone. It literally has cost me several $1000’s in lost revenue over the years. But it’s hard to fight, you take one down next day two more appear. Kind of like dandelions in your yard.

I have found vinyl is no different. I have only been doing this a short time and it’s amazing how quickly people copy your designs.

Just remember a water mark will only stop a novice. I would rather let the end buyer see exactly what I am offering. Or you have to put the disclaimer “watermark not included” . :wacko:  OK that last part was a joke.

• Like 1

Busterbay, that's a cool avatar you have there.  Hope you don't mind, I copped it to use on another site I belong to!

j/k

Cal

Busterbay, that's a cool avatar you have there.  Hope you don't mind, I copped it to use on another site I belong to!

j/k

Cal

Just remove the watermark.....