CarolinaTraffic

All This Talk About Etching....

GC good looking job for the 2nd. one. Try doing a wine bottle in a wedding theme as a sample and give that to them. That way they can display it and some wine glasses with the couples name and date. Usually big sellers.

GCEX, that did look nice!  What vinyl did you use, and what pressure did you etch at?  I have found it somewhat difficult to wrap a compound curve like a wine glass.

Cal

I have found it somewhat difficult to wrap a compound curve like a wine glass.

When doing so, cut away every bit of excess vinyl outside of your design and get just the design applied as smoothly as possible - then go back and cover exposed areas with scrap vinyl or some other material (I use clear contact paper from Dollar Tree) before blasting.  If you can't cut much away, then manually add relief cuts wherever you can to help get it to lay smooth.

• Like 1

i just used black oracal 651...as for the pressure, i dont have my blast cabinet fully set up yet, i used the one at work, i dont have a clue what media or pressure its set at...it didnt take but all of 15 seconds to blast it..

I can say. If you are using an 80gal compressor with a pot blaster, (ok, not that kind of pot blaster you hippies) at 60 psi, you will blow the vinyl off and almost cut through a mason jar.

Duck tape works wonders.

I don't think you have to ask how I know that.

• Like 1