Sign in to follow this  
bk2design

Has anybody used this?

I do not have experience with this brand, but as far as deco colored window films.....they tend to fade/discolor rather quickly.

You also might want to contact them and see if it's truly window tint (polyester) or if it's just transparent vinyl (like ORACAL 8300).

Either way, with annealed glass you have to be careful.  With stuff like that the window isn't heated evenly and thermal stress can cause it to break.  Even just the wrong window film can break the glass.  Imagine the temperature differences when you have 10 colors on one window!

Actually I just got off the phone with their rep. It is window tint and they've been doing it since the 80's. They're going to send me some more info.

Is there a warranty?

Does it have seal failure/glass breakage coverage?

When dealing with window film you have to be very careful.  I luckily have not broken a window yet, but I know plenty of people who have.  That's with just a single film install too!

I can't imagine the amount of stress this causes.  My advice, only get really funky on tempered glass.

Also, avoid any window that has strange shadows on it.  Things like just a corner being covered, or a T or V shape on it.

Otherwise, you should be alright.

I haven't got the packet yet but another guy on another forum has seen first hand work that is still up that was installed in 86' and this was in Florida. So if it's held up that long in Florida I would have to think it's pretty tough stuff. But like I said, I haven't received the packet yet but when I do I'll post the info. I do know they are looking for dealers.