karkess

Oracal color boards

Does anyone know if Oracal offers a board with all their colors in actual vinyl attached?  Or, how are you guys doing this?  Are you making your own?

Oracal used to offer them on their website but they didn't the last time I looked.

The colors are 100% accurate (they are true swatches).

I have a bunch of color charts/books from various manufacturers -- FDC, Avery, 3M, Vector, and also ShineRite (Feller's house brand) and BriteLine (Grimco's house brand)

Without color books, you are working blind.

that's the same chart I have, works just fine, aside from the crappy lighing in our shop

The old chart used to pull out to several feet long if I recall. I had 1 hung up when I was doing flea markets but it is long gone. Now I have the book like posted but I think mine is a year older than that.

• Like 1

They are not that bad high. My customers really like being able to hold it up to the shirt to see what it looks like.

The siser doesn't have anywhere close to all the stuff in it. About the oralite I'm guessing you mean the reflective material and if so this chart has it in it http://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-Color-Guide-2012

I think they need to remake. I don't know when these charts were made but they have got to be a couple years old.

dated 2012 on the cover. But that may just be a new cover on an old book. Oops, just saw the siser part and yeah they are extremely outdated. I think uscutter has at least 6 regular colors that aren't in the book plus the glitters and some of the other stuff.

Actually, I called, I mean, e-mailed Oracal customer service and they UPS'd me a color guide for free.  Just received it today and it's the same one US Cutter sells for $10 and is pictured above.  I don't understand why these aren't free upon request, even from US Cutter.  It's a tool to market and sell their product.  But Hooray for Oracal Customer service.

• Like 4

Actually, I called, I mean, e-mailed Oracal customer service and they UPS'd me a color guide for free.  Just received it today and it's the same one US Cutter sells for $10 and is pictured above.  I don't understand why these aren't free upon request, even from US Cutter.  It's a tool to market and sell their product.  But Hooray for Oracal Customer service.

Same thing I did.  Got it within a few days!

Same here. Asked for a few samples as well. No problem and I received much more then I was expecting. Awesome service.

Question. Do the sample books change from year to year? Mine is about 2 yrs old now. May have to call again.

Same here. Asked for a few samples as well. No problem and I received much more then I was expecting. Awesome service. Question. Do the sample books change from year to year? Mine is about 2 yrs old now. May have to call again.

Mine from the chart to the book did not change. may have a couple of new items in it but codes are still the same.