Sign in to follow this  
huntrjo

Rip Error

Ive been using flexisign pro cloud 11 for a month now and it has worked flawlessly.  last night I tried sending a print and contour cut through the rip and print exactly as I have been doing and it said rip error.  I did some research and people said clear the prefrences so I did and still no luck.  I unistalled the software and reinstalled and once again no luck.  Im getting rip error 29 which it says plugin error and unknown operator.  Can someone please help me.  Thanks

Joey

is it just that file - I sometime have trouble with versaworks when there is a drop shadow for some reason - clear the drop shadow and it works fine

How would I go about clearing a drop shadow? I'm new to flexi so it's still a bit confusing to me lol. Thanks for the quick reply.

in my design I go back and delete the drop shadow I added, not sure that is it just one of the problems I ran into in my RIP

some answers I found in another   Large forum.    Not SAI.   I personally don't use it, just relaying info I found. 

See if clearing up some of the temp files Flexi generates will help.
Look in preferences under the options tag to see the directory it is using.
All those can go.
If you have a long list of print jobs on "hold" in the PM that have been printed get rid of all that you can there. (not the archived jobs).

Once flexi is cleaned up do the same for your Windows system.
Clean up the hard drive and make sure you have enough swap space for flexi to use when ripping.

disk clean up. run it.

Sometimes, a file gets so complex it helps to raster everything but the cut path... for production purposes

I just ran into this problem.
production manager > view> clear rip log.

ran the print again and ran fine.

• Like 1

Okay great I will try that. But I wouldn't think that would help now just for the fact that I uninstalled all the software and reinstalled so there shouldn't be anything In there right? It would there still be something from the previous software?

No, some of them would not apply now since you reinstalled. .   except space and disc clean up.    If you kept your preferences, they would still be there.

Also how would I rasterize the image and not the contour cut line because if I rasterize before I add contour cut line it wants to put the contour line in like a square shape and if I do it after I add the cut line it makes it part of the image right?

Okay I'll clean them up and see what happens I know I did look at the bottom a little bit ago and it said I had 5.6 gun ram fee and 350gb hard space free so I would think that would be more than enough.

Also how would I rasterize the image and not the contour cut line because if I rasterize before I add contour cut line it wants to put the contour line in like a square shape and if I do it after I add the cut line it makes it part of the image right?

I don't print.  somebody else will have to help you.