please see attached picture what could be causing this tried loads ground wire tighten up everything i can see just about to give up have the same issue on vinyl

20131206_184215.jpg

Make sure carriage is in the track and check everything on the carriage for cracks. Looks like something is moving around

Adjust belt tension.

Remove entire left-hand plastic cover (where the power plug is) and you'll be able to turn the set-screw which controls the pressure on the belt pulley.

• Like 1

Jaybird thanks but have already done that all seems ok

Slice&dice have tighted already how tight should it be any way to guage?

I had the same problem with my 721 a few years ago. I removed the carriage cover and tightned every bolt and nut in there. That solved my problem. Also slow down your speed and check for a damaged blade.

I had the same problem with my 721 a few years ago. I removed the carriage cover and tightned every bolt and nut in there. That solved my problem. Also slow down your speed and check for a damaged blade.

damaged of dull blade will do that like like arty said

sorry very long week. Still think something is loose or broke in the area around the carriage although I just destroyed my credibility with the blade comment.

Jaybird its fine lol im very tired with this now so know where ur comming from.... to me seems like it could be interference from another source. Is this possible

Here is another pic the jagged one is cutter doing line other is me pushing on pen and moving carrage by hand 

20131207_111908.jpg

hope this helps 

There was a guy on here about 3-4 years ago, that had electrical interference in his home. I believe he had the MH871, He took his cutter to his mother's house several miles away, and the cutter worked fine.  He ended up,  upgrading to a better cutter.  I think he went with the Copam.    He hasn't been posting on here for a while now..   But yes, electrical interference can do this.  Have you contacted UScutter for tech support?    Or if you can, take the cutter to another place  and try and set it up.  See if that changes. 

If this is a  MK2 version. The baud rate on the setup for this cutter is 4800.  Do you have it on that? 

IMPORTANT: The Baud Rate in the cutter settings needs to be changed from 9600 to 4800. Turn on your cutter and follow the steps below.

1. Press the Setup button once or twice and look for Baud Rate
  2. Press the left or right keys and change to 4800
  3. Press the Reset button

And you are on a Windows operating system correct?  As this cutter is not Mac compatible.

Put this cutter on a serial  connection, and it will have a better connection.  Either by a serial card or a Keyspan adapter,  that is the Brand name.  Made by Tripplite.   A Belkin will also work.  Don't use a Radio Shack , Bestbuy etc.    They will not work.

You don't state what cutting software you are using,  So, have you tried it  with Signblazer?  You can download it free here on the website and see if that changes anything.    You can use the Redsail driver.

Here is the USCUTTER set up for your cutter..

http://start.uscutter.com/mh

Thanks will try your suggestions it is currently on 9600 baud rate I am using flexi but even with just using test on machine and drawing the square and diamond I still get the wavey lines

If your test is doing this, then contact USCUTTER.   Monday.... sounds more like a problem with the machine. Something loose.

I think you hit is skeeter on the electrical interference - I think it was mader and it only did it at his house not his moms. . . call support monday 

that is the bear from when we changed forum software - lost the ability to access all that old data in the search :angry: 

Better watch what I do with all the detective on here.