Sign in to follow this  
RocketRollinSX

PCUT Reboots in middle of cut

Ive had my Pcut 630 for about 5 years now, never had an issue.  Today all of a sudden at the same point in a graphic ive cut many time it stops part way through.  It appears that the cutter is rebooting itself because it stops in place, then goes to the online screen.  Any ideas?  Cutting with Win XP, Serial cable, using SignBlazer.

check the red buttons on either side of the carriage.  Make sure they arent depressed.  I have had to unhook both of mine because they will go bad. 

I will have to try disconnecting them.  Its odd because it will cut smaller decals no problem, but I've got a sign job I'm working on and it dies part way through every time.  The only difference is there is more text to cut. 

I remember a thread way back regarding cuts that are to long but I cant seem to find it.

I had called them last week.  They set my COM1 setting to Hardware Flow Control in my device manager and in the SB software.  Oddly enough it wouldn't cut at all after that.  Tonight I set the PC to no flow control and SB to Hardware and it cut everything no problem.

• Like 1