Wildgoose

MAJOR Do's and Don'ts

How about we start a thread dedicated to those MAJOR DO's or Don'ts that we have learned through sad experience? 

I'll start it off:

DON'T let your brand new expensive 24" R-tape roll fall off the bench and land on a corner mashing the edge. This will seriously mess up you day and several in the future. 

• Like 3

Don't forget to 'mirror' the image for decorating t-shirts, and such. Especially if you're cutting a dozen or so, at a time.

• Like 5

Rotate across vinyl ?

Make sure you get money up front on special orders, no matter the person or the situation.  

• Like 1

Learnt a new one today for all the screenprinters out there. Don't leave your flash dryer over the platen while you go talk to somebody. That smoke is not what you want to see coming from a platen

• Like 2

"rotate" = orient the cutting to match the width of the vinyl

Here's a major DO ---  use proper job sheets (and not just random scraps of paper)

Don't forget to 'mirror' the image for decorating t-shirts, and such. Especially if you're cutting a dozen or so, at a time.

Ouch! I've dome several one at a time but a dozen would hurt the pocket book. Always seems to invoke Murphy's Law when its the last few inches of the color you need.

Alright here is a DO:

DO buy your buy your Exacto blades in the hundred pack right here at USCutter! A sharp blade is real nice.

• Like 2

ALWAYS Get the Customers to approval!!!!!! Before Screen Printing 10+ Shirts .. To Make sure the FONT is Right..

I had a guy want 12 shirts screen printed.. and he sent the file to me in email.. and i started the job.. and I ended up not having the right font..

Guy never came and got the ones i made.. so they became Dish Rags and Test Print Shirts!!   I'm glad i only made like 4 before i sent him a image of the shirt and it ended up not being the right FONT!! 

How about we start a thread dedicated to those MAJOR DO's or Don'ts that we have learned through sad experience? 

I'll start it off:

DON'T let your brand new expensive 24" R-tape roll fall off the bench and land on a corner mashing the edge. This will seriously mess up you day and several in the future. 

^^^ I was in this boat before except I didn't drop it. My lab chewed the end of it. What a pain!

Don't forget to weld your text together after converting it to an outline when letters overlap.

Guilty more than I'd admit.

• Like 1

Guilty more than I'd admit.

I forgot enough times that I made myself a checklist of to check's before making the cut:

1) Weld text together

2) Check cutter speed

3) Check cutting pressure

4) Anything else you forgot...

• Like 1

Don't forget to weld your text together after converting it to an outline when letters overlays

Gulity !!!!

I forgot enough times that I made myself a checklist of to check's before making the cut:

1) Weld text together

2) Check cutter speed

Tried that. Kept forgetting to check the list.

• Like 3

This is great! Makes me feel a little more normal. 

DON'T forget to reset the zero origin if you rolled your vinyl forward or back or shifted the starting point. 

I didn't see this mentioned but if your a graphtec user always make sure the feed setting is right, roll1, roll 2 or sheet. For those w/o this setting it tells the computer how wide your vinyl is in roll 1 or 2 but sheet feed also check the length which can be interesting with 10 yds. or more getting rolled out if you're not watching. Trust me it happens

DO NOT, I Repeat DO NOT rake you knuckles across the heat press especially when doing sublimation at 400'. That smell ain't bacon sizzling.

• Like 1

Don't try to catch the xacto knife you just dropped.

Especially if you catch it blade first with the top of your foot  ;D

• Like 1

DON"T turn your back on the 18 month old hanging out with you as you are building a project. 

1) Weld text together

2) Check cutter speed

1) Weld text together -  What does this mean?

2) Check cutter speed - Is there a standard speed or does it very?

3) Check cutting pressure - Same question ^...I suppose that depends on the thickness of the vinyl.

DON'T leave just completed 'Adult Content' decals out on the counter!! (Especially if you have a sweet little ol' lady from the church on the way to pick up a banner-just sayin')

• Like 1