I have attached the spreadsheet I have created for my business.  These prices are based on the oracal 651 vinyl and the oracal fluorescent.  I have been using this calculator for the past year and it works great for me.  I have never had anyone ask about the pricing I use and it makes it nice for anyone in my shop to be able to price something without having to bother me. LOL  Criticize if you please I am just throwing out my 2 cents on the whole "Pricing Thing"  Hope this helps anyone in need.

Decal%20Pricing%20Formula.xlsx.zip

• Like 3

I grabbed one and I'll have a look, thanks.

yep extract it, then open it with excel. Works great. Nice job i like it.

Thanks

I've modified it to include design hours and taxes. I plan on using it as a quote sheet. I have a friend that is doing some heat press work, and is picking up quiet a bit of business. I want to add a section for it but have no idea how to price it. I plan on starting a base price for 1, then have a box that I can have a deduction based on how many a customer would want; for instance a 3% discount for 11-20 items, 5% for more than 20 items (or what is reasonable). What are normal rates for labor, and at what point would discounts be recommended?

Just downloaded and it looks great.  Thank you very much for sharing.  I have a question on how I should fill it in.  If for example, I have a line of text 5"H x 37"W how would you enter that.  Would you put 5 and 37 in the height and width cells. A 1 for over 23" and a 1 for over 36 in?  If I just fill in the height and width I get a price of $48.30.  If I just put in a 1 over 36" I get a price of $15.00. How would you fill this example in.

Just downloaded and it looks great.  Thank you very much for sharing.  I have a question on how I should fill it in.  If for example, I have a line of text 5"H x 37"W how would you enter that.  Would you put 5 and 37 in the height and width cells. A 1 for over 23" and a 1 for over 36 in?  If I just fill in the height and width I get a price of $48.30.  If I just put in a 1 over 36" I get a price of $15.00. How would you fill this example in.

I entered qty 1, 5H by 37W, complexity 8, 1 color. When I put a 1 in 23" it goes to $49. When I zero it and put a 1 in 36", it goes to $50. When I put a 1 in both, it shows $64. 

I entered qty 1, 5H by 37W, complexity 8, 1 color. When I put a 1 in 23" it goes to $49. When I zero it and put a 1 in 36", it goes to $50. When I put a 1 in both, it shows $64. 

i think if u put 1 in the QTY with 5H and 37W, complex 8, 1 color, u would need to put a 1 in 36" since its bigger than normal ones, that way it will give your $35 + 15 since its bigger than 36", if you use the 23", you will get a +14, if you put a 1 in both 23" and 36", that means you have 2 decals, that would mean 2 in QTY.

you need to fill the column A to E (mandatory), then if its a specialty vinil, or the decal is smaller than 6x6 or you use fluorecence color, add a 1 below it, if its bigger than 23" but smaller than 36", add a 1 below the 23", if its bigger than 36" add a +1 below it, its easy to understand =)

Please correct me if i am wrong

i think if u put 1 in the QTY with 5H and 37W, complex 8, 1 color, u would need to put a 1 in 36" since its bigger than normal ones, that way it will give your $35 + 15 since its bigger than 36", if you use the 23", you will get a +14, if you put a 1 in both 23" and 36", that means you have 2 decals, that would mean 2 in QTY.

It was actually less with qty1, 5H, 37W and 1 in over 36". Considerably less, like $2.35 total. LOL

I dunno... it seems way higher on small stuff...

Like I just did these for a local repair shop... they are about 7x1.5".  I charged him $1.50 each, but  the calculator wants me to charge $4.11 for them.  There is no way I can get a customer to pay $4 for a decal this size.... am I doing something wrong in the file?

post-17753-0-35128500-1394567479_thumb.j

I get $3 to $4 on higher quantity of what you posted. Individually I'd be around $7 and I've been pricing that way for around 5 years.

• Like 1

Wow your customers will pay $4 each for a large quantity of the decal I posted?  I don't think I could ever get that...  He ordered 90 of them in 3 different colors.  That wold be $360 for the 90 decals... I know I wouldn't pay that, lol.  Maybe me and my customers are all cheap asses.

I dunno... it seems way higher on small stuff...

Like I just did these for a local repair shop... they are about 7x1.5".  I charged him $1.50 each, but  the calculator wants me to charge $4.11 for them.  There is no way I can get a customer to pay $4 for a decal this size.... am I doing something wrong in the file?

I think if you were doing 1 then $4.11 would be more reasonable. I have had a hard time coming up with a good system that doesn't drive the price through the roof on one end of the spectrum or the other. There so many variables that it's hard to have a generic formula even if it has a built in curve. How much weeding time and is it so small you will lose some...etc....That looks like a lot of weeding BTW. I think $1.50 is plenty aggressive given the amount of weed time that you must have put in. Bottom line is cost plus mark-up and then your time and how much it's worth to you. Some times I work way too cheap. 

I can work a little cheap, i have almost no overhead... do it at home, etc...  I could charge maybe $2 for them, but since he wanted 90, i went to $1.50...  It's case by case I guess, but I will definitely try to use this calculator as at least a base line.

I get $3 to $4 on higher quantity of what you posted. Individually I'd be around $7 and I've been pricing that way for around 5 years.

My customers pay this price all the time. And I'm the cheap guy around here.