D4kustomz

Holiday Craft Ideas

I did the vinyl work for this one, the customer applied it herself...

post-24492-0-80484000-1387069676_thumb.j

Gosh in the USA I can't even pay ebay & paypal fees and ship them this cheap. At best they can only be making $0.01 per item. I wonder if  Singapore subsidizes the shipping ?

Personalized ornaments! Just have to watch, it can be tricky putting flat vinyl on a rounded surface. 

i have had a few requests for those but i turned them down just for that reason.

Had a customer ask me the other day are the cutting boards dish washer safe? :huh:???

Best to instruct buyers that they're only hand washable.

I tell mine only hand wash but if they are anything like the tumblers, I put mine In the dw all the time. vinyl still on it. BUT , hand wash is better for longevity.

I tell mine only hand wash but if they are anything like the tumblers, I put mine In the dw all the time. vinyl still on it. BUT , hand wash is better for longevity.

heck I even run my vinyl thru car washes.

• Like 4

:( how can anyone make a living with this

luckily it will take them 2 weeks to ge it here :)

• Like 2

When they have a problem 1 time they start reconsidering local people. I am redoing an order now for someone who ordered online and the color was wrong, after waiting 2 weeks.

• Like 1

:( how can anyone make a living with this

They cant if folks will stop ordering from them!

They cant if folks will stop ordering from them!

right like that will ever happen.  people stand on their soap box publicly then go right home and order from them online  soapbox.gif

I tried carrying american made shirts cause everybody was bitching about overseas this and overseas that. They wouldn't pay the difference so back to the offshore shirts.

where are 90 percent of the heat presses made that are sold now - guessing not many bought new ones from knight or hotronix (US manufactures on their first ones.  I agree with buy american but so many do not . .  .heck where are the cheap plotters made . . .  not the US and not japan . . . we just keep supporting their economy no matter what we personally preach - when it comes to money the buy us seems to fly right out the window 

Oh yeah I told somebody the other day I was moving to China cause that's where all my money went.

Ornaments with the vinyl on a transparency inside seem to be a big hit this year.

Not a great picture original.jpg

• Like 8

So I borrowed theresat cutting board idea for some presents... It turned out that it is a SUPER HOT seller.... pretty much everyone we have given one to, has also bought one to three for them to give as presents.

• Like 2

Linda1 - Those look cool.  Is it like building a ship in a bottle, or what?

Cal

EL, show us some of your cutting boards. pls. :)
post-36874-0-70665600-1387614842_thumb.j

Another idea I did was take the logo for all my good repeat customers and put it on cutting boards and gave em out as business to business Christmas gifts.

• Like 3

Linda1 - Those look cool.  Is it like building a ship in a bottle, or what?

Cal

I cut the clear transparency the diameter or the ornament.  Cut my vinyl design, apply to the transparency then  roll up the transparency and slip it into the ornament.  It usually unrolls on it own and looks like it it floating.

• Like 2