rudedog

Local Car group and web site - helping me go commerical (part time at least)

The main reason I got my cutter was to produce large custom work for our local car group ( Central Florida Challenger Owners).  I've designed the following, for a owner, who wanted her Black RT to stand apart for others around the area.  I used the 2010 Mopar Drag pack as inspiration.

11049838064_3dca9ddf84_c.jpg

10352570334_15984ae021_c.jpg

Trying to reproduce the badges on the back of my PCP challenger with vinyl.  Took 2 tries to get the correct dims but I really like this.  We applied these to this 2009 White RT and the Black RT above, which now has a silver rear deck spoiler.   I tried to do these so the body color would be part of the decal and look more custom.

11049891173_87e6fe6a47_z.jpg

Here's our group stickers I do (not the scat pack decal).  I do all these in the body color of the car, which separates our group from other white/black logo only groups and adds a custom flare like above.  Dodge must have used the Oracal color book as their colors are spot on for most of the colors in our group see below.

9547893724_ed745d774e_z.jpg

8710195648_8b4ba973d7_c.jpg

My custom logo for a web site I've run since 2001 (FPSadmin.com - PC gaming site working with the big 3 publishers)

11050191965_e728920bda_b.jpg

11050364533_bcdcf79503_c.jpg

This was done with my old Cricuit and SCAL (what first got me started cutting vinyl.  Funny I purchased the Cricuit for the wife to do scap booking and I basically took it over to do custom vinyl.

11050307844_6642204883_c.jpg

I'm using our little car group (we push hard that we're not a club) as my test customers.  I'm doing stuff for them for free while I learn more about what products to use, how to apply, how to market and what would sell.  

Which I hope will better prepare myself, to sell my work (my copyright only of course). 

• Like 1

Very nice! Love the purple car with purple decal. I've been doing a lot of car/motorcycle stuff too. It's the majority of my business,

You'll want to becareful, MOPAR is a trademark and copywritten and you can get into serious trouble producing and selling such items. Does look cool though.

+1 - my first C&D was from Chrysler for using HEMI in a bed stripe and a tribal Ram head they don't use - they claim to own the Ram image and the work Hemi - didn't have the resources to fight it so stopped making those.  Nice work though and THOSE are cars - not those bowtie thingies that just wanna be cool

• Like 1

I thought i was always .. Mopar don't go far.. :)

...............................................................................:)

• Like 1

I've owned a few over the years... never could get used to the sound of their starters.

Do the new ones still have that distinctive whine when cranking?

Someone should send them a 'Cease & Desist' on that starter noise! :)

I thought i was always .. Mopar don't go far.. :)

............................................................................... :)

ohhhh no you didn't  . .. . . . . LOL

No thank god we got beyond that - the last one I remember that still did it was the 81 imperial. . . . hand made still whines when started

• Like 1

I remember starting those slant 6's and driving five miles. Shut it off and that starter still whining lol. Drove several old vans and you could change the starter w/o getting out of the van, even carried a spare under the seat, next to the ballast resistor that would go bad at the worst time.

• Like 1

thanks guys,  yeah all the stuff I've done is just for fun nothing for sale.   (which I know still does not make it right.  these are all testing...)

"Hemi" is not covered under exclusivity rights. It is a condensed version of the word "Hemispherical", meaning "half a circle". It would never stand up in court, if challenged. Just sayin.....

It was used to describe "dome", or  "pop top" pistons, when used by Chrysler!

"Hemi" is not covered under exclusivity rights. It is a condensed version of the word "Hemispherical", meaning "half a circle". It would never stand up in court, if challenged. Just sayin.....

I agreed and also told them chevy had a hemi in 69 - they still didn't bend so instead of going bankrupt fighting it I gave up

Well, I guess it's free to use then. Carry on.

Whose payin the lawyer? It's not about right or wrong, this is America so it comes down to who has deeper pockets.

only the lawyers win . . . Galaxy, your up< I got my C&D on Hemi from them - your turn to show them they are wrong.  Personally after questioning it 3 times and lastly hey left no room for interpretation -I'm not touching it.   The tribal ram they never used but they said it was still covered, I don't have the dollars to argue and too much to lose to push it - it's all yours - let us know how it turns out

• Like 1

What's the generic name for a one piece baby outfit, a 'Onesie'. We've been calling them that for years. Put some 'one piece' baby outfits on the www for sale, and call them 'Onesies', see if you don't get a nastygram from Gerber, about copyright infringement? One can copyright almost anything, and sue your ass for violations.

• Like 2