aguilar

PROFESSIONAL FELT EDGE SQUEEGEE APPLICATOR

i was looking thru ebay and found this item,  post-547-0-16209800-1385343154_thumb.jpg  my question is what type of felt is it???  is it the normal one that you found on fabric stores??

post-547-0-18057400-1385343168_thumb.jpg

I buy a pack of felt at the dollar tree and use double sided tape to attach...one pack for a dollar will do about 30 squeegees

• Like 2

WHEN they have it..it's in the crafts section. If they don't..any craft store..even Walmart or Target should have it. I bought a flannel pillow case at a yardsale awhile back  just for when I run out. It should work just as well.

was doing the le John trick with banner tape and felt - wife just made a bunch of microfiber blankets and I grabbed the scraps!

well i was going to use one to apply etch vinyl and will like to protect against scratches 

I've put a sock on the cheese in a pinch for nearly the same result. Have to be careful though, some fabrics will still scratch.

I go to Michaels craft store and buy sheets of felt with adhesive backs. They are 8.5 x 11 sheets and I cut them up in strips to go on the squeegees. 

Cheap and works great. 

i was looking thru ebay and found this item,   my question is what type of felt is it???  is it the normal one that you found on fabric stores??

Since no one is going to try and answer the actual question I will try to.

If it doesn't say in the listing then we can't know for sure the blend for this felt, but I will make some educated guesses to help you. More than likely it's not a natural fiber like wool given the price point so an acrylic synthetic fiber felt would probably be the material here.

I believe most felt used on squeegees will be non natural synthetic felt. Felt from a fabric store will work fine given the thickness is adequate.

Since no one is going to try and answer the actual question I will try to.

If it doesn't say in the listing then we can't know for sure the blend for this felt, but I will make some educated guesses to help you. More than likely it's not a natural fiber like wool given the price point so an acrylic synthetic fiber felt would probably be the material here.

I believe most felt used on squeegees will be non natural synthetic felt. Felt from a fabric store will work fine given the thickness is adequate.

I just buy them or the sleeves they are cheap and my time is worth more then the cost of the squeegees