Sign in to follow this  
fcfinishes

blade holder solenoid not working

So last week I had an issue with the blade holder not going into the vinyl.  I searched forums and interweb as usual I had came up with the norm.  Static,ground,and adjustments.  Static is fixed, ground is fixed and cutter worked great for 2 jobs.  This morning I run a job and it goes through all the motions and not one cut into the vinyl.  I have tried to email customer service and was told to call.  Well guess what they aren't open when I am off work.  I need to know how to test the solenoid and how to properly adjust the bar that connects the blade holder to the solenoid.  There is an allen set screw that holds the solenoid to the bar and there is one on the bottom that holds the blade holder to the bar.

Any help out there would be great.

Darin Gray

FC Finishes

Awesome so no I have no information going between my computer and my cutter.

I have shut down everything, checked the com ports, **^&***^%^%^$%^&$%#%^&%^(&%^&($%%#%

I am soo pissed right now.  I have 2 huge orders to get out this weekend and cant figure this out.   Since i am running off a laptop I use USB  I will be taking the cable to radio shack for a test.  Other than that I guess its a motherboard.  Damn this sucks.

Darin

if it is going thru all the motions and not dropping the blade you have communication between the cutter and computer . . . . 

I was able to trouble shoot a graphtec solenoid with a 9v battery.... My unit was diagnosed as "parts only" over the phone via graphtec themselves but a jaybird suggested a 9v battery to double check.  The battery test cleared up that the problem was in fact NOT my solenoid as graphtec said but a little further investigation turned up a simple loose wire.  VIOLA.....  (I DID NOT CUT THE WIRES TO THE SOLENOID!!)

• Like 1