mr300s

So How Old Are You Really?

I thought it was interesting to see the ages on some of you folks in the Kennedy post and thought it might be cool if you want to chime in with your ages.  I know Carolyn won't mind even being a woman because I have seen her post her age before.

So I guess I have to start off I am 64 soon to be 65 In February 22.  I am already very fortunate to be alive at this age.  I joined the Marines when I was seventeen and while on point in Vietnam was shot through the chest with a AK47 missed my heart by a 1/8 of an inch and nicked my spine where it came out.  Spent 18 months in the hospital until my time was up and got out Semper Fi ...

• Like 5

52 - retired from prison work and I very much appreciate Bills service to our country.  Carolyn, John, Bill, and many other old timers actually have much more interesting past than they let on most of the time - each a special person to me.  There have been several that have came and gone over the years and all have interesting stories.  Several  struggle with underlying health issues that crop up from time to time and we try to prop each other up and help when needed.

• Like 2

First, as an Air Force Brat myself..... I want to say "THANK YOU"  to Mr. 300!!!  No, Honestly, from one military family to another....Thank you for your service!  Our soldiers don't get the respect and appreciation they deserve anymore....  My father joined the Air Force back in 1964, He gave our country 20 years and retired!  42 MMS.... a "bomb builder". 

Oh, and I am 47 btw

• Like 2

I am 36 and will be 37 on Dec. 27th. Thank you for your services MR300... I agree with paperman they do not get enough appreciation. When i see one in uniform around here i will tell them thank you. It is a tough job and very hard on ones life and marriage

• Like 1

I'm going on 67 and enjoying my retirement. Spent 45 years repairing cars and my back shows it. Keeping my mind and body active with my Vinyl Hobby/Business and flying RC airplanes. Feel like a big kid at times(67 going on 24).

• Like 1

40...and almost retired.  Looks like one more year-long tour to Korea in late January, then back to the states for me...couple more years, then I'm OUT!

• Like 1

38 come January. I find it interesting that we are clustered in age groups. I would of thought we'd be spread out a lot more across the spectrum.

• Like 1

Mr. 300... Thank you Sir for your Service.. I have served 15 years.. (Learned how to use a plotter in the service actually while stenciling aircraft).. I am about to retire on a medical.. I sustained a few injuries while deployed a few years back.. Nothing impressive.. just lung issues from the burn pits.. and a back injury.. I just got it fused back in July.. I have been thanked a thousand times for my service by strangers.. I cant imagine being shunned by the public upon return from duty..

For that, you and all Vietnam Vets will have my respect..

oh.. and I am 35..

WiL

• Like 2

39 and feel a lot older. Currently in the Wounded Warrior Program (for past 3 years), this is my 2nd time in the Army. Back in in 92 I did 4 years, and 8 going on 9 this time. Have my VA percentage, now just a waiting game to get my Med discharge orders

Im 33 and recently lost 47 pounds and counting. Im healthier than when i was 18. Now my next goal is to get this dang vinyl biz going. Some reason when i turned 32 i started wanting goals.

• Like 1

I put this on a couple t shirts.

post-50894-0-17319000-1385220944_thumb.j

But I'm 45 and i would also liketo thank all our military. I salute everyone of. YOU DO A GREAT JOB. Was in the army and got sent home on medical discharge. Started having sezures for some reason. They still don't know why.

• Like 4

66 next june still going at a decent pace arthiritist has slowed me down some but all in all in decent health. I started on a diet and have lost 20 lbs in the last month only need to loose a hundred more now lol. My grand kids keep me moving and that is a good thing. We will have around 30 family members here on thanksgiving day representing 4 generations of our family.

And like everyone else i want to thank everyone that serves our great nation also the first responders that are always there to help in our emergencys.

Thanks everyone ,  pretty cool to see all the ages,   and I feel a little younger since some of you old farts have me beat

Thanks everyone ,  pretty cool to see all the ages,   and I feel a little younger since some of you old farts have me beat

It is not the years you live but the life you put into the years

• Like 2