addieleigh

I Bet Im the Youngest One On Here

She posted it within her profile.

I was thanked for my critique. My commenting and offering advice absolutely has helped her.

Now just because I thanked you doesn't quite mean that you had helped me. jaybird is right, I did not ask for a critique of my unfinished website. I was simply introducing myself and asking if anyone had some words of wisdom for me. You only told me what I already know. My site that is still under construction has issues. 

My fault for putting my url up in my profile. I didn't think anyone would care enough or have the time to actually view my profile. My mistake.

But anyways..thanks for everyone's comments. Sounds like im pretty lucky right now with this 74 degree weather! 

• Like 1

I'm not a clairvoyant, I had no way to determine in advance what you "already know"

I certainly did help you.

The advice offered (and it was not unsolicited) prompted you to ackowledge that  ---- "I was not aware the site was even live until now..." ----- so my posting positively assisted you, without any doubt.

I'm not sure why you are now trying to withdraw your appreciation for the beneficial comments I provided.

What's up with that?

And, BTW, we're still interested in the backstory to the two-headed bovine.

There are ways to say things that don't make a person sound like a smart ass.

"i was not impressed,to say the least' is not one of them.

• Like 3

She's got a long way to go to impress me.

She said "You will be the first to know when everything is finished. And I plan on changing your opinion." and I am indeed looking forward to that being the case.

Do you have a website or any online presence? Would love to see what you are all about and critique some of your work the way you like to get on everybody else. Remember growing up when they said if you don't have anything nice to say... you know the rest.

• Like 1

Do you have a website or any online presence? Would love to see what you are all about and critique some of your work the way you like to get on everybody else. Remember growing up when they said if you don't have anything nice to say... you know the rest.

No.

I sold my business for cash and am no longer involved with making signs.

The information I provided to this young woman was important feedback for her to realize that there were problems with her newly-created image and letting her know that the "vinyl graphics business" requires more than owning a cutter.

You want to coddle her, you want to provide advice that is sugar-coated, be my guest.

I'm done here.

I'll check back if she replies with an answer about that two-headed cow.

• Like 1

I sold my business for cash and am no longer involved with making signs.

Bye.

• Like 2

To Addieleigh: Just so you know the vast majority on here are far more pleasant than Slice and welcome everyone who comes and the knowledge they bring with them.

• Like 4

Ok slice&dice. You did inform me that my website was live. Thank you for that. But I was only thanking you because I was raised to respect those who have more experience then you. Not because you helped me. Once again, I wasn't asking for help. I was asking for input on starting out in this industry. There is a difference.

letting her know that the "vinyl graphics business" requires more than owning a cutter.

Haha. Believe me, I am well aware it takes more than a cutter to build a successful business. In fact im pretty confident I am more qualified to be doing so then half the people on etsy and ebay illegally selling trademarked logos. 

But I have to ask, if you are no longer in this business then why are you still on this forum? It would seem to me to be no longer relevant to you.

As for the two headed cow, here's the story.

I was out rounding up cattle from the desert and sorting all the calves from the mommas to be worked. After branding and tagging a few I struck up a conversation about deformations in cows with the ranch owner. we got on the topic of two headed calves and how it happens more than you think. So I asked, how would you brand and tag a two headed cow if they were to live long enough? Would it be considered one cow because of one body? or two cows because two heads/brains? 

Well we decided it would be considered one animal because it would most likely only have one set of stomachs (since they have 4). And when you lease land for grazing rights you pay per grazing cow. Well depending on the brand, you tag either the right or left ear. So which head would you tag? to which he replied, "Well...I guess the better half." And for some reason that just stuck with me.

I made it my logo because it naturally draws people in and they have to ask what the heck is up with the two headed cow. And it looks cool in my opinion.

• Like 8

And a cowgirl to boot. You are miles ahead just being able to design your own designs and do graphics. I for one have no artistic skills hell i cant even take a good picture ....but i make signs and banners so with your skills you will do great. learning to operate the machine is the easiest part. As far as any mistakes on your website if we dont occasionaly make a mistake we better check our pulse.

• Like 3