addieleigh

I Bet Im the Youngest One On Here

Hey everyone. Thanks to my Grandpa and dad, iv grown up around the promotional product and graphic design software industry. Realizing no 19 year old girl knows their way around corel draw like I do, I figured I would be stupid not to do something with it. So I got myself a GCC Puma and am starting my own vinyl graphics business. 

Iv been lurking on this forum for the last few weeks and have already learned so much. So im sure you will be seeing around on here! Any advice you have for a newbie just starting out like me would be great! I could use all I can get.  :thumbsup:

Hello.

Spelling things correctly will go a long way in getting people to take you seriously as a professional.

Your website has several typo mistakes that are very amateurish.

"comming soon" ??

"Tariler" decals (SHOP drop-down)

F&Q page ??

Why go live with a website that is not going to provide potential customers with a good first impression?

You should have spent some time, gotten things working, and had a third-party individual (a friend) do a basic run-through to make sure it was all OK.

I was not impressed, to say the least.

Back to the drawing board.

Welcome from South Carolina. And I judge age on maturity level so you may actually be older than most of us. I don't wanna grow up.

• Like 1

Welcome from the freezing North (Maine)

Really E L?  Wheres abouts?  I live up by Limestone..... waaaay up there

Thanks for the welcomes!

slice and dice- 

I still am in the drawing board stage. I was not aware the site was even live until now so I have taken it off. I am not "in "business" yet and the site is no where near being done enough to do so. I have not sent any clients to it (I do not have any) and wont until I know its up to standard. Obviously there is still work to be done. And I probably shouldn't work on it at 2 in the morning when I cant sleep to avoid the spelling errors. But I'm more focused on learning my equipment and getting the cutting process down right now.  

But thanks for the input, really. You will be the first to know when everything is finished. And I plan on changing your opinion.  ;)

• Like 4

Thanks for the welcomes!

slice and dice- 

I still am in the drawing board stage. I was not aware the site was even live until now so I have taken it off. I am not "in "business" yet and the site is no where near being done enough to do so. I have not sent any clients to it (I do not have any) and wont until I know its up to standard. Obviously there is still work to be done. And I probably shouldn't work on it at 2 in the morning when I cant sleep to avoid the spelling errors. But I'm more focused on learning my equipment and getting the cutting process down right now.  

But thanks for the input, really. You will be the first to know when everything is finished. And I plan on changing your opinion.  ;)

Don't judge the rest of us by Slice..he's just grumpy.

• Like 6

Well hey, I asked for advice so he gave it!  For the most part everyone is pretty friendly and willing to help. That's why I like this forum and decided to make an account.

personally I like the F'nQ page name better than that - I make rough drafts all the time and go back and correct- a couple after I delivered them  :huh: 

Welcome from another Washingtonian. It's not Michigan but still cold here (10 degrees this morning)

Excellent advice. I have posted pics of finished work and had people on here point out something the customer and myself both missed which allowed me to go fix it unnoticed :ph34r: .

ah, Bangor, we used to refer to that as Going to the Mall!  I believe it was some 4 hour or so drive for us.  Dad was Air Force and we were stationed at the Air Base there near Limestone. (it's closed now, very sad, spent my high school years there) Very beautiful up there!

How was I being grumpy?  One thing that I'll never understand is why people insist on challenging and belittling those who come right out and say the truth of the matter, no pulling punches.

She's a big girl, there was no need to sugar-coat.

She asked for advice in her opening post, and who else here gave her any specific advice? Nobody.

I provided valuable information, which she accepted in the good spirit offered.

By the way, I am extremely curious what's the story of the two-headed cow.

• Like 1

She never once mentioned a website or asked for critique about it. She can surely speak for herself but you wnet above and beyond to find a reason to talk down to someone. Would you like to share your website or FB page so we make check it out as well.

• Like 1

She never once mentioned a website or asked for critique about it. She can surely speak for herself but you wnet above and beyond to find a reason to talk down to someone. Would you like to share your website or FB page so we make check it out as well.

She posted it within her profile.

I was thanked for my critique. My commenting and offering advice absolutely has helped her.

Hello and welcome a persons maturity defines them not years. Sounds like you are off to a good start and have a will and drive to succeed. Keep looking foward and you will be fine. BTW welcome.