cinner74

New to Coroplast

I'll be doing 11 coroplast signs (and one banner) next week, 6 @ 18x12  & 5 @ 24x18 and banner is 21x72.  These  will be for a couple events that my local church is doing, and they are requesting that the dates on the signs be removable so that we can reuse them next year by putting on new dates.  The rest of the vinyl will be "permenant".  These will be outdoors for about 3 weeks max.  Any tips for a newbie about this?  I'd planned on just using 631 for the dates and 641 or 651 for the rest except the fact that the dates would have to be matte finish?  I'd prefer it all be either matte or gloss.

Also, any tips on application?  Wet?  Dry?  Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Here is the deisgn for 4 of them that will be done on dark blue/navy coro:

post-25290-0-97774500-1385146101_thumb.p

Honestly, I would cut it all out of one material either your 631 or 651, it will end up costing you more in labor to seperate them based on material, you'll only be saving a few cents per sign.

We would use 651, and really any vinyl you put on coroplast is removable, it comes off real easy.

As far as design, colors look nice to me, however I would adjust your font to something more easily read. You also might consider simplifying your text,

for signs, especially smaller ones, less is more.

That's my $.02!!

• Like 2

Honestly, I would cut it all out of one material either your 631 or 651, it will end up costing you more in labor to seperate them based on material, you'll only be saving a few cents per sign.

We would use 651, and really any vinyl you put on coroplast is removable, it comes off real easy.

As far as design, colors look nice to me, however I would adjust your font to something more easily read. You also might consider simplifying your text,

for signs, especially smaller ones, less is more.

That's my $.02!!

That solves the matte/gloss problem! I will work on simplifying it too - Thanks!!

Agreed about 651 being removable from coroplast and it isn't that bad to get off banner as long as it hasn't been out there for several months.

The less time the vinyl is on the better... so right after the event remove the old dates before they go into storage

That will be easier than trying to do it in a year when they want to use them again..

MM64 B) 

• Like 4

The less time the vinyl is on the better... so right after the event remove the old dates before they go into storage

That will be easier than trying to do it in a year when they want to use them again..

MM64 B) 

Yup!  I'll be doing that - that way I know they don't use something harsh on any left over adhesive ;)

If they plan to reuse the banners make sure they roll them up nice and neat.

Good advice!  I'll remind them but I'll probably be doing that too ;)  Good chance all of these will be in storage at my place anyway, being the good church members we are....LOL ;)

Just remember to roll them vinyl out or you may get a bunch of tunneled up letters next year.

• Like 2

Just remember to roll them vinyl out or you may get a bunch of tunneled up letters next year.

Will do!  Thanks!

And think ahead for the next x years and cut those dates up front also ?

I would be carefule cutting dates for next year, vinyl only has a shelf life of about a year, and once the transfer tape has been for that long it can be very hard to remove.

I would be carefule cutting dates for next year, vinyl only has a shelf life of about a year, and once the transfer tape has been for that long it can be very hard to remove.

Yeah, I couldn't cut years ahead of time anyway because it's not like the 3rd Sunday of December or anything - they swich up Saturdays & Sundays for events all the time it seems!  No bother to cut a new date every year ;)

OK - another question:

Wet or dry app?  If wet, does anyone have a fave application fluid for use on coro?  Thanks Everyone for all your help so far!  You guys are great ;)

Everybody say to do coro dry but I prefer wet, just seems to come out looking better wet.

and another zombie thread lives

Just throw it in the back of the truck and I'll haul it away...

post-24492-0-26303000-1421637512_thumb.j

• Like 2