Hello alll.  I have recently received a P-cut 630 and after all the setting up and reading every post here, I finally got it cutting correctly.  However, after using it for 2 weeks, a fan just came on today.  Is this the fan that keeps the vinyl laying down flat when cutting?  Why did the fan just decided to come on after 2 weekes.  So to test it, I turned the cutter off and waited a minute and powered it back on and the fan worked.  Then I shut it off and powered on again, but this time waited several hours and the fan did not turn on until at least 25 minutes went by.  Any clues as to why this is doing this and how to fix? 

Thanks,

Matt

Fan should be on all the time, so I think it is a loose connection as well. The fan connects to the power supply, so if you feel comfortable, you could open the bottom of the cutter and make sure the conenctions are good. Unplug the power cord before you mess with any connection to the power supply.

OK...I reseated all the connections and the fan connection and it still operates the same way.  The fan comes on several minutes latter after I power on the cutter.  When the fan starts if varys in RPM and then eventually gets to normal speed.  Any other ideas beside a bad fan possibly?  Again this machine is only a few weeks old.

Might be an issue with the power supply. Do you feel comfortable replacing a part in the machine?