Sambo418

Trouble connecting my CE1000-60

I hope someone here can help me. I have an old Graphtec CE1000-60 and cannot get it to communicate with my computer. Here's what I have:

A laptop with Windows 7 and Illustrator CS5.

An old desktop with Windows XP and Illustrator CS2.

I have the original serial cable for the plotter, a parallel to usb and a serial to usb.

I've tried Cutting Master 2 and 3. I've tried every combination of plotter/cable/computer I can come up with. I've triple checked that all of the parameters match and they're good. I emailed Graphtec to see if I downloaded the correct plotter driver and they said that the driver for the CE2000 was the correct driver for the CE1000 and that it won't work with Cutting Master 3. The furthest I've been able to get is on the XP computer, Cutting Master 2, with the original cable, I hit "Send" and the job won't go farther than 0%. It also won't poll the size. The computer shows that the plotter is installed on COM 1.

Now, one thing that's weird is in Cutting Master, when you set which plotter you're using, the CE1000 isn't listed and neither is the CE2000. Only by choosing the CE3000-60 or CE5000-60 have I gotten as far as I have. With the others, I get a port error message. I'm obviously missing something but what??? Any suggestions?

Use it on the XP.  You could possibly be able to use it with The Signblazer UK  version  Under  Graphtec50.  No promises.   Also.  I use Flexistarter.8.6  and the set up is available there. 

Look under Command,    For CuttingMaster2 the Command is GL-GL.    Graphtec Language.    For any other software, the Command is HP-GL

That is the model of graphtec i had and i used an windows xp desktop with serial port. I also used it with signblazer.

I installed Signblazer, the UK update and patch and all that went well. I set up my cutter and made sure all of the settings and port matched. I hit "cut" and "cut tile" and nothing happened. I changed the plotter to HPGL and still nothing. I tried changing the plotter in SB to the CE2000 (since that the driver that Graphtec said would work for the CE1000) and still nothing. Arrgghhh! I thought for sure it would work this time but I'm still missing something. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Most cutting software I've used before will poll the size of the media but I don't see how to do that in SB. In the Cut window in SB, there's a graphic of the plotter on the right, the media coming out of it towards the left, and the square I'm trying to cut is on the left-bottom corner of that. Does that make sense? Is that what it's supposed to look like? I've shut that computer down and it's late but I'll post a screen shot tomorrow of what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

try Graphtec 50.  and it has to be on HP-GL.   Graphtec 50 is being used on the newer Graphtecs.   a forum member is using it with his CE5000-60

Is "Graphtec 50" short for something else? I see all kind of Graphtec plotters in the list in SB but none are just "Graphtec 50". Sorry if that's a stupid question!

And thanks so much for taking the time to help me.

from previous posts.   I have the older UK version of SB.   I have seen it on there.  But I use Flexistarter.

"bring up Sign Blazer,  then go to cutter then setup.  All the way on the bottom you will see cutter setup and it says load,  click on that,  a box will appear, from the pull down select graphtec50 you should then be all set.. good luck"

Does the cutter do a test correctly?   If so,   Why not invest in the software that is right for the cutter?  That has the correct drivers.  I told you Flexistarter has the correct driver set up for your machine.  Can be had for under $130 on the big auction site. It is basic cutting software, that can also contour cut.  Limited design features.  I have used Flexistarter for over 6 years now. with my Graphtec,  It came with my Seiki cutter also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLEXI-10-Vinyl-Cutting-Plotter-Software-Dongle-Key-Contour-Cutting-USED-/390707459946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af7fab76a

I'm thinking he has a port settings problem.

In the OP he mentions COM1 but I wonder if he can adjust that and get it to work on COM3 or 4.

I'm trying to help out the Milwaukee Makerspace https://milwaukeemakerspace.org/ with an install of 'Sure Cuts A Lot' without much success.

I am not at all sure they have installed a driver for the aged CE1000-60 and equally unsure if it will run with the Windows 10 install on their plotter computer.

Attempts to locate a driver have been quite the fail... Graphtec site does not list it and the google hits look like malware traps.

Does anyone have a working driver for this cutter? The makerspace is a 501-C running on donations (cutter must have been one!) so I would like to help them out.

Regards, Rocky